Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who has gone to where? (Happy thread. I hope)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who has gone to where? (Happy thread. I hope)

I'm just curious cause in 26 days, I'm going back to Japan. BIG FUCKING SMILE FOR ME

It'll be my second time.

So curious, who has traveled where that you just LOVE. It can be in the state, country, province, or outside of it. ^_^

Quoth Kaycichu View Post
    I'm just curious cause in 26 days, I'm going back to Japan. BIG FUCKING SMILE FOR ME

It'll be my second time.

So curious, who has traveled where that you just LOVE. It can be in the state, country, province, or outside of it. ^_^
    Well, I absolutely love Germany and Holland - the people have always treated me wonderfully, and I love shoping for food ingredients there. I like the area around Fresno California and Key West Florida. I will admit that St Thomas Virgin Islands is very nice. I would happily move to any of the above locations if we either had a surfit of money or a promised job that would support the move.
    EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

I adored Japan- not Tokyo so much, but I would love to go back to visit, and would even consider living in Hokkaido (if only it wasn't so cold in the winter!).

Germany was awesome, I'm not terribly interested in going back to Italy.

I'm actually rather fond of the state where I live, but I would like to move to the Western part of it and live in a rural area.
      https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

I kinda miss Italy sometimes, but mostly about visiting family.

Mostly I miss Ireland. It's gonna be home to me when I finally pop off and am still living in the states.

Turkey was cool, mostly cause of the digs we went to. Archaeological ones. There was a place, and forgive me, as I was pretty young and do not remember the name, where we walked down this river, and there were these intricate facades of buildings (likely tombs if I remember) carved into the ravine walls on either side.

I also almost soaked our airplane tickets there, as they were in the bottom of my rucksack, and I took a dunk.

I wish I could remember Greece better.

Comment

Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
          . I like the area around Fresno California
          Not many people here say that, local or not.
          But nice to know someone loves my home lol

Comment

Never been outside of Australia, but I've been to Queensland and Victoria (both states). I LOVED Sovereign Hill in Ballarat and I'd love to go back there with my boyfriend.

ETA: http://www.sovereignhill.com.au/

I'd love to work in their costumed school!
            Last edited by fireheart; 11-17-2012, 02:02 AM.
            The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
              I adored Japan- not Tokyo so much, but I would love to go back to visit, and would even consider living in Hokkaido (if only it wasn't so cold in the winter!).
              I'm going to be mostly around Tokyo this time. But I feel the same about Kyusyu, only if Hita City wasn't so humid in summer!

Comment

We live in Ky and have traveled to:

Niagara Falls, Canada
                Benidorm, Spain
                Karlsruhe, Germany
                and Orlando, Florida (USA)

all for World Championship karate tourneys for the kids and hubby. My favorite was Germany. I loved the architecture, the food. Our hotel was nothing fancy, but the bartender was awesome!

Comment

In the US I've been to: Boston, Manhattan, Phoenix, Seattle, Boise, driven (several times) to both ends of I-95 and everywhere in the middle. Which is, of course, the entire Eastern coast of the US. I've been to Niagra Falls on several occasions (both sides) and also Skagway, Alaska.

In Canada I've been to: Vancouver, Whitehorse, Montreal, and rural New Brunswick.

In one 8 month span I...

Stood on top of the Eiffel Tower
                  Watched a bull fight in Madrid
                  Spent 6.5 horrid hours in Heathrow waiting on flights (I'm sure London is terrific but we never made it out of the airport after a 7 hour flight )
                  Swam in hot springs in the Yukon Territory (Canada)
                  Accidentally wound up between a mama grizzly and her cub while salmon fishing in the middle of the night
                  Walked on top of a glacier in Skagway, Alaska
                  Spent my birthday and Christmas at Disneyworld

That was the last year I got to do any 'fun' travel for vacation. Glad I made it a good one!

Comment

London. I adored London. And Oxford. This was in 1982, so I'm sure much has changed.

I'd love to visit Poland and Germany, where my ancestors came from; and Wales; and Italy (probably just eat my way from Sicily on up ) And New Zealand, because it's freaking awesome. And Australia because mygod the men are gorgeous...
                    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I've been up & down the west coast, from Glacier Bay, Alaska to Tijuana, Mexico. Would give my eye teeth to get back up to Alaska. Currently planning a Caribbean cruise for late 2013/early 2014.
                      That is so full of suck Dyson doesn't know how they did it - shankyknitter

Comment

My main regret is that I've only been to Britain twice, and both times only for two weeks. (Also both times during or just after a terrorist attack ... but let's not go into that ... )

I went across Canada 20 years ago with a youth program (Katimavik) -- don't know if that counts as travel ... especially as I was in the program's military option so spent most of my time on military bases ...

My siblings and I went to Europe several years ago to see if we couldn't find Grandma and Grandpa's village -- or what's left of it. We spent some time in Hungary and then went to Serbia, which is where the village's remains are now (I say "now" because it was always situated near where three national borders met, so apparently it wasn't unusual to wake up one fine morning and find you were now part of another country ...)

I'd love to go back there too.

Comment

I've mostly stuck around west LA County and Orange County here in sunny southern California.

However, I have visited:
                          East Topsham, VT
                          Dallas, TX
                          Columbus, OH
                          Victoria & Vancouver, BC
                          Honolulu, HI
                          Washington, DC
                          Lake Elsinore, CA
                          San Diego, CA
                          Lancaster, CA
                          Las Vegas, NV
                          Laughlin, NV

Only been outside the country twice, and both to lovely BC, Canada (Gravekeeper's stomping grounds).

Three of my out-of-state trips were with my high school band, which makes them less fun, but still pretty awesome.

Two of my out-of-state trips were to spend a weekend with a bunch of people I only knew from the Internet, and both parties were totally awesome.

Two of my out-of-state trips were to visit family.

Most of the in-state and neighboring state (NV) have been for faires, conventions, and chili cookoffs.

I vow that I will be leaving the country for someplace a little less close in the not-too-distant future, however.

^-.-^
                          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I love Scotland, Paris, and Venice. Vienna is nice and clean, though expensive. I went all over Slovakia a few years ago, and Bratislava is a great little city. London is huge and fascinating.

In the States, the Pacific Northwest is my place. I also like San Francisco and Northern California. New Orleans is a city I want to visit again.

Comment

Apart from a couple of day trips over the border to Mexico before you needed a passport, I've never been outside the USA. Money, y'know.

I really want to visit England, Scotland, Ireland, would not say no to much of the rest of Europe, wouldn't mind seeing Australia. Definitely want to visit Canada.

In the USA, I've been to New York City twice (before 9/11, and want to go again, I love that city!), California many times (San Diego, Los Angeles, Monterrey, various other cities and towns along the coast), Seattle, most of western Oregon, El Paso, Durango CO (pleasant town, I recommend the Durango-Silverton train ride, very pretty scenery), most of Arizona, Las Vegas. Would not mind visiting Chicago, Philadelphia or the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland. Would enjoy visiting New England in the autumn. Want to take the kid to Disneyland, and definitely want to visit Harry Potter world at Universal Studios Orlando. Again, money.
                              I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                              My LiveJournal
                              A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Working...
                              X