Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who has gone to where? (Happy thread. I hope)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've never been out of Europe, but I've covered a lot of the Westeren half of it. I've covered England quite silidly, done a lot of Wales, forayed into Scotland a few times though I've never been to Ireland. Have been to Guernsey and Herm though.

On the mainland I've done a hell of a lot of France, the top bits of Spain, and a bit of Italy, Austria and Lower Germany on a Contiki holiday. Most recently have been to Holland with a daytrip to Belgium thrown in.

Hoping to plan a trip to Svalbard for 2015...which will be my most epic trip yet, but it STILL won't be out of Europe. XD
    "...Muhuh? *blink-blink* >_O *roll over* ZZZzzz......"

Comment

Wow...this is going to be a hard list to remember...

Across the pond, I have been to England and Wales. (it helps my wife is a brit..LOL)

I have been to Canada, Winnipeg and Toronto

Currently I live in St Louis.

I have been to and through:

Missouri
      Kansas
      Colorado
      Utah
      Nevada
      California
      Arizona
      New Mexico
      Texas
      Oklahoma
      Iowa
      Wisconsin
      Arkansas
      Louisiana
      Illinois
      Indiana
      Ohio
      Kentucky
      Tennessee
      Mississippi
      Alabama
      Georgia
      Florida
      North Carolina
      West Virgina
      Virginia
      Maryland

Wow....Lot more to see before I die..

Comment

While I have traveled quite a deal, my international journeys are rather few. In a word: Mexico. And while I've been to a few places there, I would have to say my favorite place (and the only one I really liked) is Puerto Penasco, aka Rocky Point, a lovely little coastal town just about an hour south of the Arizona-Sonora border, on the mainland coast of the Gulf of California.

Within the U.S., I have traveled extensively, and some of my favorite places that I've been are:

Phoenix (it's home!)
        Key West (I came here for a month, it's been 13 years!)
        San Francisco
        Portland, Oregon
        Seattle
        Boston
        Tombstone, AZ
        Washington, D.C.
        Fort Myers Beach, FL
        Tampa
        Fort Lauderdale
        Minneapolis (in the summer--won't go there in the winter!)
        New York City (to visit, would never live there)
        Any amusement park, ever. Of course, since this thread is about where we've actually BEEN, my list includes Walt Disney World in Orlando, Six Flags Great Adventure in NJ, Cedar Point in OH, and Dorney Park in PA.
        Austin, TX. Fun little town.
        New Orleans. Self-explanatory.
        Cape Cod
        The Jersey Shore (the place, not that wretched TV show)
        Savannah, GA (was there for two days with a psychopath--would love to return and really visit the place)
        Inside The Gateway Arch in St. Louis (though not St. Louis as a whole)
        Los Angeles, especially Venice Beach and Hollywood (been there lots as an Arizonan)

As for particular sights, rather than just the cities I've been to, in addition to the amusement parks I've mentioned, I would have to include the Jack Daniel's Distillery in Lynchburgh, TN, the Johnson Space Center in Houston, the Kennedy Space Center in Cape Canaveral, FL (as a boy, want to go back there as an adult some time soon), Taliesin West (Frank Lloyd Wright's winter retreat), The Smithsonian (the aerospace one in DC), the Jefferson Memorial, the Pro Football Hall of Fame in Canton, OH, the Baseball Hall of Fame in Cooperstown, NY, and the Magic Castle in L.A.

Probably forgot one or two places or sights, but I'd say this is a pretty representative list.

Been to many other places, but those are the ones that really resonated positively with me.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
        Still A Customer."

Comment

I've travelled pretty much everywhere in Australia, and also to New Zealand, Italy and the UK. I'm keen to go to Japan next, as my boyfriend is half Japanese but doesn't know his Japanese family at all, and from there to South Korea and south-east Asia.

Comment

I've lived in:

Louisiana, Texas, California, North Carolina, Arizona, and Idaho. Save but for California and to a lesser extent, Louisiana, all are places I personally disliked.

I have been through: New Mexico, Wyoming, Colorado, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, & South Carolina.

I have been to Oregon.
            Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Quoth Kaycichu View Post
              Not many people here say that, local or not.
              But nice to know someone loves my home lol
              Yeah that was kind of a surprise to me too! Although I guess my family likes Fresno okay too, since most of them have never ventured more than a couple hours away, in their entire lives.

I've spent the past two Septembers traveling, so I've done New Mexico, Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Georgia, Alabama, Florida, New York City, Baltimore, middle-of-nowhere Virginia, Puerto Rico, Charlotte NC (but somehow we ended up in SC at one point by mistake). Mostly spent my Florida time in Fort Lauderdale, but we did visit the Everglades, Miami, and Key West. Yes, we made the Phoenix-mistake of not realizing that particular 100 miles is practically a week-long drive but in my defense, neither did my FLL-native sister. Got taken to a bar wallpapered with vandalized dollar bills, then was forced to drive home across a bridge that's seven miles long, nevermind that having lived through an earthquake-caused bridge collapse, I rather hate the things. And I had to keep swerving around something my sister called the endangered key deer (which looked exactly like the ones we eat for dinner in AZ) in spite of doing 5 under the already laughable speed limit... I swear the deer were aiming at the car. It was actually more hilarious than it might sound, I'm sometimes bad at conveying sarcastic amusement in text.

I think the most fun excursion, though, was a midnight kayak on a moonless night through bioluminescent water in Puerto Rico. Yeah, it glows when you stir it up. But at one point we got separated from the rest of our group, and we couldn't quite see the mangrove trees, and I'm not real eager to overturn a kayak in the middle of the night, so I got the idea to reach in and throw/splash water off to the sides, so that when it hit (trees, water, whatever was just to our left and right) it would glow and reveal the shapes around us, and we could figure out where to steer. And that's how I ended up accidentally throwing a fish at a tree.

Comment

Quoth Maria View Post
                ... throwing a fish at a tree.
                "I was just swimming along, minding my own busines when some dudette threw me into a tree."

"Poolblic intoxication. Thirty days."
                I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

I've been to NYC 3 times, and that's 3 times too often. Signs with WRONG information, half the people trying to commit suicide - I can see why that Kurt Russel movie had the whole place turned into a prison/insane assylum.
                  Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

NYC can be a great place, if you do it right.

Great restaurants, great walking town, great shows, great town to bicycle through. Some of my greatest memories are of me on my bike tearing ass up Sixth Avenue. Whooo Nellie, that is some psychotic shit!

And they have Strand's, one of the two greatest book stores in existence. 'Nuff said.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                    Still A Customer."

Comment

Have traveled to Melbourne, Australia and loved it.
                      My friend took me all around the area and I learned about a lot of the history.
                      While I was there, we flew over to Hobart, Tasmania. It was gorgeous.
                      We also visited Port Arthur while we were there and I loved it as well.

I have been to the province of Quebec in Canada and I especially loved Old Quebec City in the winter. I have wanted to go back in the summer but never made it yet.

I love places with a lot of history and beautiful old historical buildings and sites.

I have been to New Orleans twice now, and fell in love with the place immediately. (Will be going back in February thanks to my amazing friends.)

I have travelled through Virginia in the US a couple of times, and thought it was really beautiful.

Actually, though, I really, really love my home town area. It's beautiful year round and we have a lot of places with historical value, as well as a lot of really great festivals and events all year.

I love travelling to new areas, but I love coming back home too.
                      Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

I've been...pretty much all over.

States I've Lived
                        • Colorado
                        • Florida
                        • North Carolina
                        • Washington state

States I've Been To
                        • California (San Diego and San Francisco)
                        • Connecticut (New Haven, Hartford, and West Hartford)
                        • Massachusetts (Boston)
                        • New Mexico (Albuquerque)
                        • New York (NYC)
                        • Ohio (Stow)
                        • Oregon (Portland)
                        • Rhode Island (Newport)
                        • Utah (Moab several times and SLC once)
                        • Washington DC

There are a few others, though, that I've either 1) driven through, 2) had a layover there on the way to somewhere else, or 3) stayed overnight on the way to somewhere else: Arizona, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Montana, Nevada, Texas, and Wyoming. I wasn't sure whether or not to include them on the 'Places I've Been To' list.

Places Outside of the US I've Been To
                        ~ Vancouver BC
                        ~ Venezuela

Some of the places I've been to, I don't remember because I was a baby when we were there. Namely, I don't remember when we visited Venezuela or the first time I visited DC. Likewise, I don't remember actually living in Florida or North Carolina (even though the latter I have been back to for my sister's wedding).

Of the places I do remember, I think the only places I've genuinely disliked were the San Diego Zoo and the Dulles Airport in DC. I particularly loved Boston, Newport, San Francisco, and West Hartford, though.
                        Last edited by firecat88; 11-25-2012, 07:03 PM.
                        "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

I have lived in Illinois, Ohio and West Virginia.

My travels have taken me to Niagra Falls (both sides), Disney World, Pittsburgh and Hershey, PA, Ocean City, MD, Washington DC, Various locations in Tennessee, Ohio and West Virginia.

My most favorite places though are Hatteras Village, NC and Cherokee, NC

Comment

Working...
                          X