This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The cake was not a lie!

I have found my second favorite cake. My favorite is Chocolate with white icing, and my second was white cake with chocolate icing..but it moves to number three. Red velvet cake with strawberry icing now takes second. Just got done devouring a large slice.

Yes, I know..diabetic, shouldn't have it..but...but it's cake!!!
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

I love red velvet cake! But my total favorite is Black Forest Cake. Mmmmmmmmm......
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Small pieces. Keep them few and far between.

Red Velvet is good. I am still a chocolate fan. The more chocolate the better. Chocolate cake with chocolate fudge icing, covered with milk chocolate shaving is a good start.
      Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
      Save the Ales!
      Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Yellow cake with chocolate frosting. I like the classics.
        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

German chocolate cake. That strange coconut frosting is a taste of heaven.
          A well made carrot cake is amazing as well.
          Another good one is a standard vanilla cake with dried cherries and cherry flavored frosting
          A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.
          Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

Hershey's Perfectly Chocolate Cake.
            "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

My brother's ritual birthday cake was always a very very dark and rich chocolate cake made with miracle whip in the batter, with a cooked fudge frosting. I scored the recipe cards for them with the rest of my mom's cookbooks and recipe collection.

I have always found that cake from scratch [other than carrot cake] is amazingly easy and inexpensive. I just hate grating carrots to make carrot cake even though it is one f my absolute favorites.
              EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Quoth Mytical View Post
                Red velvet cake with strawberry icing
                *makes a note to find recipe*

The cake I make most often, because my son goes crazy for it, is a dark rich fudgy chocolate cake with vanilla filling... Lady Baltimore cake is yummy too, but it's a little more time-consuming so I don't make that so often...
                Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Chocolate buttermilk cupcakes with choc chips and peppermint extract, with vanilla frosting with crushed peppermint crisp in it.
                  The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Tomato Soup Cake with Cream Cheese Icing.

I'd be happy if you didn't like it. I'd eat your share.

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                      Yellow cake with chocolate frosting. I like the classics.
                      This was what I was talking about as one of my favorites. I just could not find the words . This would be my number one favorite, even above the red velvet/strawberry. *drool*
                      Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post
                        Tomato Soup Cake with Cream Cheese Icing.

I'd be happy if you didn't like it. I'd eat your share.
                        I've heard of this and it sounds good. Tomato is a fruit, after all. I'm going to look up cooked fudge icing.
                        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
                          I've heard of this and it sounds good. Tomato is a fruit, after all. I'm going to look up cooked fudge icing.
                          2 cups sugar
                          1/2 cup cocoa
                          1/2 cup milk
                          1/2 cup butter
                          1 teaspoon vanilla

Directions:

Mix sugar and cocoa together in saucepan.
                          Stir in milk.
                          Add butter.
                          Cook over low heat and stir until butter melts.
                          Continue to cook over low heat until mixture comes to a rapid boil.
                          Cook 3 minutes more.
                          Remove from heat.
                          Add vanilla.
                          Place pan in cold water and continue to stir until it begins to thicken.
                          Pour over 9 x 13 cake in which holes have been punched with a toothpick, fork or skewer.
                          EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Red velvet with strawberry icing???

I'm pretty good at mentally tasting flavors and those just don't seem to go together at all.

I make a pretty damn good scratch red velvet cake which I ice with white chocolate cream cheese frosting.
                            Don't wanna; not gonna.

Comment

Yes, I wasn't sure of the combination either..but it works. It was soooo good. Couldn't have much cause of the Diabetes..but it was delicious.

Comment

Working...
                              X