Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

There's usually a reason for the things I do.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There's usually a reason for the things I do.

So why am I constantly being asked why? I am at work on Black Friday having my first lunch break. I had sat down on the floor by the coat racks because I want to be allone right now. I need to decompress, and I was going to fix my face, as I'm overheated and oily. I don't like an audience for that, and besides, people always make comments. After I sat down, not one, but two coworkers asked in a slightly accusatory tone, "Why are you sitting there?!?" I shouldn't have, but I got upset. Their 2 comments were after some exclamation at me from another coworker, which frankly, was unintelligible. I am now on the secretary's office floor. It's the only place I can go. I feel bad for snapping at my friends now, too, which makes it worse. Ugh.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Some people are just clueless FL. Their empathy is limited, and they just can't relate well. Here's a hearty "chin-up" from CS; we've got your back. Hope this gets to you while you're still on break.

Comment

It did, on my 2nd break. I think I'm now too tired to get mad at anything.
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

why can't people realize some of us are like cats, we NEED our hidey spots, and may hiss if prodded while in them.
        Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

I get like that at work on busy days. I'm actually glad that we have to go to lunch one at a time now, because I can read, or just think, while I eat instead of listening to someone else vent or create drama where there wasn't any.

I hope you're feeling better, Food Lady!
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

As a convenience store worker, I rarely get to take an actual break. I often volunteer to work in the coolers or wash grill accessories and coffee pots in the stock room in order to get away from everyone. I'm still doing work that needs done. I just want a break from customers and coworkers. Besides, I'm one of the few who actually details as I go. It's rarely the work itself that bothers me, but I do get tired of dealing with people rather easily. I just unplug my mind and let it wander while doing mindless labor.
            The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an amusement park. -- B'Elanna Torres, Star Trek: Voyager

Math! Math, my dear boy, is but the lesbian sister of Biology. -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy

Comment

The folks at the newspaper learned that rather quick. When it's Mysty's lunchtime, she vanishes utterly from sight and we will not see her until she's darn good and ready to come back. Though they did ban me from a few places...no more hiding in the elevator, on the roof, across the street in the condemned hotel, or under any desk but my own
              "Maybe the problem just went away...maybe it was the magical sniper fairy that comes and gives silenced hollow point rounds to people who don't eat their vegetables."

Comment

Working...
              X