This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arrrgghhhh!!! *girl crap rant alert*

As you may or may not know, I need to be on birth control because I get horrid cramps and insanely heavy and irregular periods. However, I tried several different brands and they all made me throw up. I found one that worked nicely, but my insurance prices are generally $50 for brands, $10 for generics and there was no generic for that brand. Since I couldn't afford $50 a month, I kept looking. Finally, I found one that works; doesn't make me throw up, no weight gain or loss, no acne breakouts or mood issues, nothing. Even better, it's free. I thought "this is amazing! I get free pills with no side-effects!!" until my mom pointed out that my boobs were spilling out of my bra. I got measured today and was told I went from a 34C to a 34D..

So off I went to look for a few new bras. In the whole store, I found a grand total of nine 34D bras. And I had to dig for those bras; dig and hunt and search. Most D's started at 36 which only just fits at the smallest hook and I know once it stretches a little it wont fit. I had the darndest time finding those stupid bras and only a couple fit nice. Even worse, the measuring tape lady kept congratulating me saying how lucky I am. I wanted to bite her; right in the face. I have to give up all my cute C cup bras (some of which are brand new) to buy all new D cup bras that are next to impossible to find. I'm not feeling very "lucky".

I went to a few other stores looking for bras: one had no 34D's, another had a grand total of one in stock, and the third had only 7 cheap tshirt bras with no padding in stock I am a sad camper
    Answers: $1
    Correct Answers: $2
    Answers that require thought: $5
    Dumb looks are still free.

Lucky? I'm only an A but I would not be happy to suddenly jump a whole cup size either.

Have you looked online? I wouldn't think D cups would be that hard to find...(or is it the 34D combination that's the problem?) My biggest problem is finding As without a ton of padding. I know this topic has been brought up before...I'm sure some folks will be along with some site recommendations for you.
    Last edited by BookstoreEscapee; 11-25-2012, 02:03 AM. Reason: just realized i asked the same question twice...
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

34D is one of the "regular" sizes that is ridiculously hard to find. And try them all on because those companies LIE! I used to wear that a week ago, now I get to try and find a 34DD or 34E.

Comment

It's the combination 34 and D that's the problem. It's an uncommon size. While they do make that size finding a place that has a nice variety of that size is a challenge.

Comment

Go somewhere like Nordstrom and get fitted. They are trained to fit correctly in their lingerie department. I went in last year, got fitted for sure and they told me that I was not a DDD but an H. Sometimes you can change sizes in a different way and it won;t be as bad. It is worth a shot to try it. I can sympathize trying to find cute bras that fit. It is terrible trying to find 44 to 46 H bras that are pretty. Forget cute ones, I just want pretty.

Comment

I have the same issue trying to find affordable E-cup bras. There is an Australian-based online company that sells bras for fuller-figured women, but I also know that bra sizes can vary between manufacturers.
            The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

I'm just glad I get my pills free from the NHS... tho I feel your pain about bras. I'm a 40E and it annoys me when I go bra shopping and see dozens of E cups and 40 back sizes, but no 40Es! -.- It especially irritates me if I find a 40E that's basically a boulder holder; I might have a big bust, but I still want to wear nice pretty bras.
              People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
              My DeviantArt.

Comment

I would recommend victoria's secret, yes they are expensive, but they last,I had one die after 3 YEARS, and that was due to me not following the washing instructions ) and my cousin is a 32D, and can usually find them in stock(I go twice a year and buy 2-4 bras @ $40 each), and their sizes are standardized, I can pick up any 34 C and it will fit perfectly(they measure you, give you a card with your size, and you can ask for the "box of bras", every style they make in your size to try on and find they styles you like, they will also write that on the card, and they will usually hunt the store with you to find them, their customer service is excellent)
                Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Lucky? aggh. I'd have to be held back from that person! I totally hate having to get new bras.

(I struggle just as much since I'm a G or GG so most stores dont even stock those in store and you have to go online which sucks since different styles fit totally differently. At least I have a 'decent' band size though.)
                  I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

Ugh, I feel your pain. I'm 17, have never had kids, and yet I have a DDD. I had stretch marks on the sides of my chest in the 8th grade. I was bra shopping all the time, it was terrible!
                    Some people just need a high five...

In the face with the back of a chair....

Comment

I've never particularly wanted a bigger chest, but these threads always make me appreciate my small size more. Unfortunately designers seem to think if you're small, you must want to look bigger and shove 3 inches of padding in the damn things. All I want is enough of a lining that it's not obvious that I'm cold (cuz I'm always cold).
                      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Just like designers assume that the large chested lady doesn't want a pretty bra and is happy with an ugly off white one. -.- I happen to like bras that are different colours; I once had a happy day where I found a red bra, a blue one and a pink one in the same store... I was even happier when Fiance said he'd pay for them so I could buy them all. XD

However, most of the time bigger sizes only ever seem to come in off white or white and are ugly as hell. -.-
                        People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                        My DeviantArt.

Comment

Here you go Kisa!

http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/9...b73a611a33.jpg (SFW)
                          I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

Comment

And not to be too consumerist, but hey Kisa -you're saving that $50.00 a month on the pills, maybe you can splurge on a month or two ten of bras?

This is one area I truly have (pity? compassion?) for women; your clothes are stooopid expensive, even when they're the same as men's. WTF? And they still don't last as long nine times outta ten. (And don't get me started on the dry cleaning business having different rates.)

In any case, good luck.

(Also not-liking-the-padding-A-cuppers: my SO has a nice selection, I'll ask where she gets 'em and get back to you.)

Comment

I feel your pain. I swear my BC is the culprit for the change from 36C to 36DDD in a matter of half a year. I went to Lady Grace last year and got measured. The one that fits me the best only comes in black, white, and nude. They're pretty, but boring.

Busty Girl Comics actually has some great resources and her comics are just darn funny (and relatable!) http://bustygirlcomics.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X