This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Almost went to jail.

Went to the store with my mother. Trying to pick out a decent birthday present for my sister .. who has the unfortunate luck to have a birthday on a holiday. In this case..valentines day. Anyhow...not the point of this story. The reason this was not a sighting is that it did not occur inside a place of business.

We parked pretty far away..even though I now have a disabled placard I can use, I know people much worse off then me need the spots more then I do. Plus I do like to walk as much as my legs will allow me. We get to the cart holding place (the ones outside the building) and my mom went to get a cart. Suddenly MIG (Mr Important Guy) shoves my mother out of the way to retrieve the last cart in that cart corral.

Now I could care less about the cart, we could wait until we get inside..that is not a big deal. When somebody physically assaults my mother, however, the beast is unleashed. I saw red. What happened next is just a blur..I remember that my cane was on the ground..and MIG's feet were not. Pain was forgotten, my legs were suddenly strong enough not only to support me, but MIG also. I think there was a conversation, and a stammered apology to my mom from MIG..but I can not be positive. I DO know there were two people in uniform ordering me to set MIG down. Have no clue how long I must have had MIG up..for uniformed people to have been able to arrive. Unfortunately for MIG, I was not listening. Fortunately for MIG my mom simply said "Let him go." Which snapped me back into myself.

The police asked bystanders what happened, they let them know MIG had shoved first. Still they had to ask MIG if he wanted to press charges, and I have no idea why he said no..but I know that as soon as they had gotten our statements..MIG had much better places to be. So...I almost ended up behind bars today...how was your day?
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

He was smart to not press charges. Because suddenly he would be asked why he felt he was important enough to shove a elder out of his way. And when faced with facts like that some of the most self-important people have their minds break.

Comment

I would have done the same in your place if someone shoved a member of my family in front of me.

Comment

I am a pacifist for the most part, nothing really worth fight about/for. Except friends and family. I guess somewhere in my bloodlines there must have been a berserker or something. When I get mad..I feel no pain, and no longer have control of myself. I've learned how to control and harness it for the most part..but not when it comes to protecting those I care about.
        Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Quoth Mytical View Post
          I am a pacifist for the most part, nothing really worth fight about/for. Except friends and family. I guess somewhere in my bloodlines there must have been a berserker or something. When I get mad..I feel no pain, and no longer have control of myself. I've learned how to control and harness it for the most part..but not when it comes to protecting those I care about.
          Adrenaline's a hell of a drug.
          I don't go in for ancient wisdom
          I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
          It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I bet he'll think twice now before shoving older women out of his way.

Comment

Think of it this way: You gave that guy a wake-up call. He learned he is not "all that." Good for you.
              When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Uh, yeah, I think any of us would have done the same in your place. You do NOT mess with Mommy. I will fuck you up and enjoy my time in jail, because I'm sure all my friends will keep me company during visiting hours.
                The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Comment

Oh yeah. Hands off family...especially my mom or my kid...

Comment

He didn't press charges because he didn't want to have to explain to a judge how he got his ass beat by the disabled guy. He just wants to get away from the situation and then make up lies to convince himself he's really not that big of a loser.
                    They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Very nice Mytical! That guy completely deserved it! Is your mom alright?
                      Some people just need a high five...

In the face with the back of a chair....

Comment

Did they give your mom the option of pressing charges for him shoving her? He probably declined to press charges against you so she wouldn't go after him.

Comment

Quoth Eevie View Post
                          Very nice Mytical! That guy completely deserved it! Is your mom alright?
                          Yeah she is tough. She can take care of herself to be honest. Not that this comes into consideration to me when something happens to her.

Comment

*hugs*

Is your mom okay? Are you? *hugs for the both of you*

..as for the jerk..
                            1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
                            -----
                            http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

I am fine. Had no after affects from it. Had some bruises in some odd places, but they didn't hurt. My mom gave her account of the fight. Apparently I missed a lot of it in the haze of beserkness. First, the guy was not off the ground the whole time, despite what I thought. I lifted him up, and slammed him into his vehicle door. As soon as his feet were on the ground again, he hit me hard enough to turn my head to the side. I faced him again (not having let go, even if his feet were on the ground) and lifted him up again and slammed him against the door again. He kept trying to hit me to get me to let him go, and each time I'd just slam him against the door again. Finally, he stopped hitting me, realizing it was just making me madder.

I told him to apologize, and he stammered out an apology. I lifted him again, got right in his face and said "Now mean it." Which was when the cops showed up, they had been answering a call nearby, so it did not take as long as it seemed. They told me to let him down, and I ignored them. They repeated it again, and my mom stopped them, come up and put her hand on my shoulder and said "Let him go." So I did. He could have pressed charges, but he didn't. Probably two reasons. One, he would have to explain how a person who uses a cane was able to throw him around like a rag doll, and two my mom could have pressed charges also.

Comment

Working...
                              X