This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A message from me to all of you

I want to let you all know how much you have helped me in recent years.

When things went right down the toilet for me, you were here. You listened. You gave advice. You let me vent. You were here when it seemed that nobody else was. You kept me alive, and I'm not exaggerating; I could not have continued without your support.

I got phone calls from people who were worried. I got private messages. And I got - purchases of raffle tickets.

The raffle is now, officially, over. I am not holding a drawing; instead, I am refunding your money. I'm starting with the smallest amounts first, and working my way up. I'm paid once a month, so it may take some time, but I'm doing it!

So, a few of your are getting something unexpectedly good for the holiday!

I love you all.

I wasn't one of the people included, but I just wanted to say that I'm glad the people here look out for each other. This is the only forum where everyone seems to be like a huge worldwide family unit. It gives me the warm and snugglies ^_^

Comment

Quoth slipknotpsycho View Post
      I wasn't one of the people included, but I just wanted to say that I'm glad the people here look out for each other. This is the only forum where everyone seems to be like a huge worldwide family unit. It gives me the warm and snugglies ^_^
      I know exactly what you mean! Every is just one huge family! This is so rare to find something like this on websites. It truly is a special thing.
      Some people just need a high five...

In the face with the back of a chair....

Comment

Quoth Eevie View Post
        Every is just one huge family! This is so rare to find something like this on websites.
        Agreed. So many others seem to be one big flame war.
        As I've quipped before: CS is one big, dysfunctional family....we just don't make it a practice to abuse each other.
        I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
        -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth taxguykarl View Post
          CS is one big, dysfunctional family....we just don't make it a practice to abuse each other.
          We look out for each other

Glad you're doing better, Eireann!
          I speak English, L33t, Sarcasm and basic Idiot.

Comment

I'm happy you're still here. And now I'm crying.
            "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

The raffle didn't work in the sense that I didn't raise even close to the amount of money I needed to go home - but it showed me that people who had never met me were willing to help. I can only assume that there is a reason for me to continue to be here. Not that things are still the way they were two years ago! Maybe I was just meant to stay put and work on myself, as I have been doing.

Comment

Working...
              X