Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

On the Fly - New TLC show (starring EWs and SCs)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On the Fly - New TLC show (starring EWs and SCs)

I watched the first few episodes of this today and it certainly hits home with anyone who has worked customer service. I don't think I could stand doing customer service at an airport with the way flying is these days.

My only gripe with the show is that it seems like the SCs almost always end up winning in the end and getting what they wanted in the first place (sometimes more). I get the feeling the Customer Service Supervisors profiled are being a little more lenient with the rules for the sake of the show than they usually are.
    "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

I think that follows the line of the extreme couponers. If you don't bend the rules, the customers won't participate and you don't have a show.
    Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
    Save the Ales!
    Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

My favorite was the woman that was cursing at the flight attendant because her carry on was too big to fit into the bin; they refused to board her. And the woman is yelling "I'm not cursing! That's how I talk!"

And the thing was: this is Southwest, who does not charged for checked baggage... .so why all the fuss?

It was good to watch her have to wait for the next flight, although she still doesn't get it and probably never will. NOBODY gets paid enough to be cursed at. Especially by someone who is willing to put that giant carry on in the bins and take up all the space the other passengers could use.
      Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not even sure about the universe.
      --attributed to Albert Einstein

Comment

So "Airline" is being resurrected? I loved that show, I'll have to watch this new one.

The network being TLC of course, it will probably be selectively edited to show mainly the EWs who get their way (which, if the original show was any indication, will be very few).
        "I am quite confident that I do exist."
        "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Working...
        X