This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new weight loss app i'm trying out

I was considering buying a pseudo weight watcher's app but I'm cheap so I was hesitating at the price tag ...

and then my sister sent me a link for a free one instead

http://www.loseit.com/

She's using it on her nook and I'm using it on my iPod touch. It's been 3 days and I can't say I've lost anything yet but I'm starting out which is what matters.

I entered my age, weight, and how many pounds a week I want to lose (I'm doing 1 right now) and the system tells me how many calories I get a day, plus I can earn some from working out.

The list of foods is pretty good, it's preprogrammed with a lot of information on general foods, store-bought foods, restaurants, and when I have a wifi connection I can just scan barcodes to make it easier. (sis can't do that part tho, you need a camera for that)

Plus I can make up recipes to put in, so for the pot-roast we made yesterday I can get an idea of how much I'll get from it.

The friends option is nice too cos I can share my info with my sister and we can keep track of each other.

Oh and on top of that my bf has decided we're doing zumba 3x a week. so that will help too

Of course just the fact that I'm tracking what I eat also means I'm going to be pickier about what I have too. No more DQ chicken baskets (holy fuckeroni, 1360 calories ... actually most of dq is pretty unhealthy, so i'll *really* have to budget if I want some of it). But oooo my favorite salad at Chick-Fil-A - that chargrilled & fruit one? Without the dressing it's just 230 calories. .... awesome! ... and it's not listed there but the dressing i like is just 60 cal a serving. so even with dressing that salad is pretty healthy.

Looks good! I'm trying to lose weight myself. Problem is I hate diets and I have a giant sweet tooth. Trying my hardest to not go overboard on the sugary stuff and cut down my portions. Not easy but will be worth it.

ETA: I've been trying it out and I really like it. All the entries I've been putting in for the things I've been eating and drinking are making me think twice about my portions and caloric intake. I like that it also keeps track of how many calories I have both with what I consume and burn and that I can customize it just for me.
    Last edited by tropicsgoddess; 06-05-2012, 06:28 PM.
    I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
    Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
    Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

one of my tricks is that it's not a diet like people think of where you starve and try to pretend you're satisfied eating just a stick of celery.

for example this is what I ate yesterday:

- 2 servings of quick oats
      - 3 spoons of splenda (granulated - my bf bought me the baking stuff vs the packets but that's ok)
      - 2 slices of "kids bread" (that's what the scanner called it )
      - 2.5 slices of ham
      - 1 slice of cheese
      - 2 tsp of jalepeno mustard
      - 1 serving of pot roast (added recipe myself)
      - 2 cups of tap water
      - 2 spoons of splenda (i drank mint flavored water using the splenda & mint extract)
      - 1/3 cup of steamed veggies (could have had more they were leftovers)
      - 4 prunes
      - 2 sugar cookies
      - chocolate banana smoothie mix
      - 3/4 cup whole milk

Plus I earned calories from zumba.

Believe me I wasn't starving. Although I was a *little* hungry after dinner, after I let the milkshake set in I was fine. And I actually ate under my calories for the day. And that was before factoring in my exercise points.

But my biggest issue I think is automatic eating, and my love of starchy snacks. Of course the sucky part is that we have a popcorn bucket deal at the local theatre - just $3.50 to fill that thing. And now I probably won't eat much of it. Although... iirc we might do zumba that night too so that can help balance out the snacks.

and for portion sizes, right now I'm literally grabbing a measuring cup to be sure. Which helps out cos I didn't realize our tall glasses hold 2 cups (plus a little extra).

And when I can I use the lunch sized plates too. One cup of beans & rice look a lot bigger on a small plate than they do on the large dinner plates

Comment

I'm on it and I'll take more friends.

Comment

Working...
        X