This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not sure what this guy's hoping for

Caller: Two of our computers can connect to the internet, but one can't. I need a tech to come out.
    Me: Sounds like a router issue to me. We don't support third party routers.
    Caller: Just send a tech out, okay?
    Me: If two computers can connect, you obviously have an internet connection.
    Caller: Look, just send a tech out.
    Me: I can do that, but you're going to get charged $50 for a service call...
    Caller: That's fine.
    Me: ... and the tech is going to say, "I can't help you. Call your router manufacturer."
    Caller: That's fine.
    Me: Let's just make sure we understand. The tech is going to come out, tell you that you have a router issue and he can't help you... and he's going to charge you $50 for that.
    Caller: Okay.
    Me: So, you're going to pay $50 for a tech call that you know is entirely pointless?
    Caller: I'm fine with that.
    Me: I'm noting right on the work order that you're aware the tech can't help you and that you'll still be charged.
    Caller: Look, I'm tired of arguing with you. Just send a tech out.
    Me: Okay!

I know what the guy's deal is... he's thinking that once the tech gets there, he'll say, "Well, since I'm out here anyway, I might as well take care of the issue. And I'll do it for free since it's not something we officially support."

And that's not going to happen.
    I was neat, clean, shaved and sober, and I didn't care who knew it. -- Raymond Chandler

He believes in the power of a wish. If he wants something badly enough, it will happen by magic.

And here you are, Captain Bringdown, using common sense and cold logic.
    The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

Ooh isn't that the "secret" behind "The Secret"? Believe in it hard enough and by magic it will happen??? The amazing power of positive thinking?

Comment

Naw...It's the old "Wish in one hand & take a crap in the other" routine...

Guess which one gets filled first

SC: *WISHING REALLY HARD* dang.....
        "I reject your reality and substitute my own"....Adam Savage-Mythbuster

Must remember to stop using "brain of death" on slower morons.... I meant customers.

Comment

Quoth Dips View Post
          He believes in the power of a wish. If he wants something badly enough, it will happen by magic.

And here you are, Captain Bringdown, using common sense and cold logic.
          I'd love to have that as my official title... "Hi, I'm Captain Bringdown. I now inform you that you are too far from reality."
          I was neat, clean, shaved and sober, and I didn't care who knew it. -- Raymond Chandler

Comment

Sounds like somebody's been taking those self-help books a bit too far . . .

Positive thinking will only get a person so far in this world.
            Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Working...
            X