Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I AM a citizen of the United States of America!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I AM a citizen of the United States of America!!

Here's one from a bit ago.

The tears that flow are equally from pain and laughter. I hope you enjoy.

USC: US Citizen *coughs*
    Me: The one and only!

Me: "Thank you for calling, this is Khana, how can I help you?

USC: "I'd like to activate my card:

Me: "I can help you with that, may I have your name?"

USC: "I'm Sucky Customer"

Me: "Thank you, Sucky, and may I have the ID# on the card?"

USC: "123456789"

Me: "Thank you. In order to be eligible for this program, you need to meet the following criteria: you must be a resident of the US or Puerto Rico, not be participating in any state or federally funded benefits program, and not be...." *Gets cut off*

USC: *suddenly angry* "I AM a resident of the United States of America!"

Me: *pauses* "Ah, Ma'am, I wasn't questioning that. I was merely trying to advise you of our eligibility guidelines..."

USC: *still angry* "Are you telling me I'm not eligible?"

Me: "Erm... no. I'm telling you our guidelines, and then was going to ask you if you are eligible."

USC: "Of COURSE I'm eligible! My doctor gave me the card!"

Me: "I understand that, but I do need to double check, just to make sure. So, we've covered that you definitely meet the residency requirements. What state are you calling from?"

USC: *gives some state, I don't remember, but it wasn't any of the excluded ones*

Me: "Ok, that's 2 out of 3 requirements down. And the last is, do you have any state or federal coverage, like medicare or medicaid?"

USC: "I have medicare."

Me: *sighs and groans* "Ah, actually, if you have medicare, that disqualifies you from the program..."

USC: *click*

LOL, people get so belligerent about the weirdest things!
    "If all else fails...blame the dog"

Comment

Quoth Khana View Post
      Me: *sighs and groans* "Ah, actually, if you have medicare, that disqualifies you from the program..."

USC: *click*
      I've got a box of cookies that says she called back not ten minutes later in the hopes of "getting someone who actually knows what they're doing," and got one of your co-workers.
      I suspect that... inside every adult (sometimes not very far inside) is a bratty kid who wants everything his own way.
      - Bill Watterson

My co-workers: They're there when they need me.
      - IPF

Comment

Quoth HawaiianShirts View Post
        I've got a box of cookies that says she called back not ten minutes later in the hopes of "getting someone who actually knows what they're doing," and got one of your co-workers.
        Bonus points if they got you again!
        I AM the evil bastard!
        A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Quoth lordlundar View Post
          Bonus points if they got you again!
          Had a call yesterday, where I picked up the line, gave my spiel, and heard someone talking to someone else in the background, but no one responded to my questions. So, I started the "Hello? Hello?... Hello?" thing, and after a few seconds, shut the line down, input what happened into my notes, and went on. The very next call, I got exactly the same guy speaking in the background. Repeat entirely. Two seconds later, I heard one of my coworkers saying "Hello? Hello?"
          I IMed her to ask if she'd gotten the guy who won't speak to us.
          She had.
          "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Working...
          X