This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• e-mail....NOW for the illiterate

I send a customer an e-mail with a question about their order that looks like this:

---------------------------------------
    Subject: Your PO #XXX-XXX, our order # XXXXXX

(customer)
    I am processing your Purchase Order #XXX-XXX (our order #XXXXXX) that you sent yesterday. I need to know what wood finish you would like on this order.

Bob
    ----------------------------------------

I get a reply:

-----------------------------------------
    Subject: RE: Your PO #XXX-XXX, our order # XXXXXX

Bob:
    I need to know what order number this is in response to, we have more than one order going at any given time.
    ------------------------------------------

The part that adds insult to injury is that their company just got set up as a dealer for our company, and this is the first (and currently only) order, so they only have one order with us.

/equip head
    /attack desk

Are they blind? Clearly you already had the order number there!
    Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Ah, the joys of stupid people with access to important equiptment. I do have to admit I myself have pulled some D'oh moments in regards to obvious information, but never on such a grandious scale. I applaud this SC.
      What's going on? Where are we going? And why are we in this hand-basket!?!

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
        Are they blind?

No, just stupid.
        “Excuse me. Is this bracelet real jade?”
        “Ma’am, this is a thrift shop. The tag on the bracelet says $1.50. It comes with a matching mood ring. What do you think?”
        “I don’t know.”
        “Yes, it’s real.”

Comment

Quoth bob the goat
          Subject: RE: Your PO #XXX-XXX, our order # XXXXXX

Bob:
          I need to know what order number this is in response to, we have more than one order going at any given time.
          ------------------------------------------
          Subject: RE:RE: Your PO #XXX-XXX, our order # XXXXXX

(Customer):
          I don't think we want you to sell our products anymore.

(Me)
          You're focusing on the problem. If you focus on the problem, you can't see the solution. Never focus on the problem! --From Patch Adams

Comment

I think this guy needs to be put on a Woodchipper Operator position. Hopefully, he'll get his arms stuck in it because he'll miss the sign advising not to.
            "I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."

Comment

Working...
            X