Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A new round of Sales exploits... and hopefully the last...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A new round of Sales exploits... and hopefully the last...

I hope I'll be in Tech Support soon... cause then, Soft skills are slightly less required.

Customer: So, will this improve <function> over new version
    Rep: Actually, that part hasn't changed.
    Customer: Well, I can't believe it. Okay, thank you.
    Rep: Anything else I can help you with?
    Customer: No Sale! <click>

Bad Rep! Bad Rep! No Sale! What the freak? I mean... would you have preferred that I lie to you??? I don't RECALL growing a tail, but perhaps the customer should grow a pair and not ask a question that he is not prepared to hear the answer to! No wait... that's too much to ask.

2 minute minor for addressing me as an animal.

--------------------

Rep: Product A will do <Blah>, Product B will do <More blah> and Product C will do <most blah>
    Customer: How Much does it cost.
    Rep: The Price is <price, higher price, highest price>
    Customer: Wow it goes up every time.

Yeah, because the more costly products do more, Cap'n obvious.

2 minute minor for being stupid.
    -------------

C: Will it do <this> I want you to guarantee it!
    R: Yes it will
    C: Can I have your name?
    R: <blah>
    C: Thank you, I'll place the order online. <click>

So, you don't want me to profit from the information I know and have given, but you want someone to blame if something goes wrong? Thanks a lot, jackass.

2 minute minor for robbing me not only of my time and money, but also my braincells. These things don't grow on trees, y'know.
    ---------

Customer: Why is my card being rejected
    Rep: Because you're ordering from the UK, the system is detecting your IP address and rejecting the card.
    Customer: But this is a global economy!
    Rep: Even so, sir, this is how our system is set up. I'm sorry, but you can't place a web order from the UK.
    Customer:...
    Rep:...
    Customer: Well you're of no help <click>

Yeah. It's called "unfixable" You know... for a reason. Stupid Id10T!!

2 minutes for stupid, a seemingly incurable disease that I don't want to catch for you, so I'm scraping your damnable cooties off of me.

----------

And my personal favorite:

Customer wanted help with product, but tech support was closed. IT should be noticed that the customer was a "Doctor" which as most of us know here is synonomous with "Jackass"

Customer: I know you can't help me, but I tried customer service and they aren't picking up. It would seem that your company is simply cheating the customer. I need to do <function> can you help me with this?

Rep: I'm afraid not as I work in the sales department.

Customer: Well, I mean what do you think? I mean customer service indicated that I could be mucking up the works.

Rep: That is a strong possibility.

Customer: Well, I don't know what to say... can I have you transfer me to Customer service?

Rep: Give me one moment.

Whaddya want me to tell you? Oh, no sir, it couldn't POSSIBLY be You, you smart little demigod you *retches* that would be OUR program being extraordinarily difficult. Bad Program! Bad Program!

5 minute Major for being a Doctor, followed by two minutes for wasting my fraking time.
    ----------

That last guy seem to have caught the very insidious pebcak virus...
    "I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."

Comment

Quoth DarkCSR View Post
      Customer: Why is my card being rejected
      Rep: Because you're ordering from the UK, the system is detecting your IP address and rejecting the card.
      Customer: But this is a global economy!
      Rep: Even so, sir, this is how our system is set up. I'm sorry, but you can't place a web order from the UK.
      Customer:...
      Rep:...
      Customer: Well you're of no help <click>
      Haven't tried ordering from the UK yet, but I kinda figured it would have been the same as when I put in my orders to Hong Kong. Guess not. Good thing I don't have anything to order from the UK.
      Last edited by RetailWorkhorse; 06-27-2008, 05:47 PM. Reason: fixed quote coding
      Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

To be fair if you are unable to process any charges outside of a certain location, you should state it where it can be seen pretty clearly.

If you do state it, then the guy is just being a Jackass

Comment

Yeah. Then of course, SC don't read signs. Even those in bright, big, blinking red letters. Especially those, in fact.
          "I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."

Comment

Interesting. I've ordered quite a number of items from the US from my position in the UK. I've never seen a web page that refused my card based on my IP address.

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth DarkCSR View Post
              2 minute minor for robbing me not only of my time and money, but also my braincells. These things don't grow on trees, y'know.
              Ooh a Braintree! I love those.

Love the penalty box thing.
              Confirmed altoholic.

Comment

Working...
              X