Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kinda weird...(first post and kinda long...)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kinda weird...(first post and kinda long...)

This happened a while ago...can't remember exactly what happened...

I work in a liquor store and this guy came in to purchase some beer...I think. Nice guy, but when he came to the counter to pay he was like a $1.05 short...or something like that. He said he could walk home and get some change,(a side note...it was the middle of Febuary, the guy lived across town, and we had -53 degree weather out...gotta love alberta!) so me being in a good mood that night, reached into my tips and paid for the rest. I got a big thank you, and he promised to give me a tip next time he came in.

So fast forward like 2 weeks the guy came in again. All he bought was a single cooler(like $2.00 or something like that) and he paid with twenty. As I'm going to get his change he pops the top on the cooler and chugs it back. ( I didn't notice until I looked up from the till to give him his change). At that point, I tell him he has to leave the store, cuz what he did was very illegal...he proceeds to leave after leaving me a $10 tip but...he wouldn't go until he shook my hand. I did it because I thought he would leave, and I didn't feel like calling the cops...so I shook it, he gripped it really tight, lifted my hand up and kissed it. He let go and I told him you better leave right now or I'll call the cops...so he left...to the bar across the street...

:Side note: The guy was drunk...but it wasn't so obvious when he came in. We can only kick them out before the sale if we can actually smell the alcohol. My boss doesn't want us just kicking them out if they look drunk because she doesn't want to offend anybody. It kinda sucks. Also, I saw the guy later outside the bar smoking...and pissing on the wall...also almost got hit by a car....so I called the cops. Told them what he did in the store also what we saw him doing outside the bar. He's not allowed back here.

A $10 tip? That's still rockin, even for his behaviour. That's what I love about drunks, It's easy to convince them to spend their money freely.
    "I'm working for popcorn - what I get paid doesn't rise to the level of peanuts." -Courtesy of Darkwish

...Beware the voice without a face...

Comment

Quoth NightWatch View Post
      A $10 tip? That's still rockin, even for his behaviour. That's what I love about drunks, It's easy to convince them to spend their money freely.
      note to self, if ever I get a job that has pay from tips, be sure to get my customers drunk...
      If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Actually, given the two encounters put together in context, it sounds like he's a decent guy that was just tipsy enough to want to play the gallant, not anything untoward.

After all, being drunk brings out the inner, uncivilized nature of a person1... well, in the area after Buzzed and before Skunked it does... and his uninhibited impulses were to act like a gentleman, even if he did make an ass of himself doing it.
        ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
        And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

I do have to agree with Dude in saying that was sweet. (Yeah, I've had it done, it is umcomfortable, but its better than them coming up and honking a tit).
          ...how do used tampons attract thieves? ---Sleepwalker

Chickens are Asexual!

Comment

"honking?" I've never encountered any that honk when squeezed..
            I will never go to school!

Comment

I don't really see anything overly sucky in this encounter... I mean, yeah, he entered your personal bubble a bit too much, but sounds like the guy was easy-to-handle and in a pretty good mood. The only sucky thing I can see is that he pissed on a wall.
              GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Quoth BaristaTrav View Post
                You Know You've Been In teh SCA Too Long When......

You have not one but two stories about squeeky/honk toy codpiece stories...

Technically, he's supposed to kiss the air molecules above the hand, but who's counting? I'm teh sort who finds that rather charming- though the whole pissing on the wall sends all charm point to the equal negative number.

Comment

Quoth NightWatch View Post
                  I have to echo Jeff foxworthy on this one, if you have to deal with drunks...Have fun with it!!! If you're the designated driver stop at every gas station on the way home and make them pay for a full tank. (in a southern drawl) "Damn, Bill!! the mileage on this thang sucks!!" and at the end of the night ...drop 'em off at the wrong damn house. "Where the hell's mah pink flamingoes?!" preferably their boss' house.

In all seriousness though, It is true. A drunk and his money are soon parted.
                  You'll always miss 100% of the shots you don't take,and statistically speaking, 99% of the shots you do take.

Pirates Vs. Ninjas. Which would you choose? http://s1.darkpirates.com/c.php?uid=40174

Comment

The one good thing about drunks is that they are so easy to convince to pay up....and I mean to pay up real good. . Welcome to CS!
                    I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                    Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                    Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

About a week or so ago, my husband got a $40 tip from a couple of drunk guys. I think my husband even mentioned that he had to start giving the drunks their money back, because they were giving him too much. But because of the fat tips my husband was getting, he made sure to keep their pitcher full.
                      This area is left blank for a reason.

Comment

Yeah, I'd take the 10 bucks and be happy. Guess I'm kind of easy that way.
                        For civilized discussion about broadcasting, media and sports along with fun games to play, visit:
                        http://atriumforum.com/
                        Emphasis on Michigan area broadcasting, but ANYONE is welcome!

Comment

It's not that he was a sucky customer,he was just drunk...it just kind of weirded me out a little. That's also sort of the reason why I didn't call the cops at first, he wasn't rude or anything, just a little drunk...I mainly called because I was worried he was going to get hit by a car or something. Thankfully I don't have to deal with sucky customers all that much...who the hell would want to piss off a person who can refuse to sell them alcohol??

Comment

Quoth BaristaTrav View Post
                            That's because you're meant to add the honking in yourself, they weren't designed to be musical instruments and that's why you have to improvise
                            I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

Comment

So if being drunk brings out your inner nature...

What does it say about me?

Only tequila gets me drunk, and it just makes me nap- happy.
                              "Hi, this is Silver. How may I lose my self respect in order to cater to your over- inflated ego today?" --- Silverrb

Comment

Working...
                              X