This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth mattm04 View Post
    Hey, I got myself a Rolex when my school went the the UN. Only like $10.
    Maybe it was a Nolex.
    I don't have an anger problem! I have an idiot problem!-Hank Hill

Comment

Several optician chains over here offer a free pair of prescription sunglasses when you buy a regular pair of glasses or free transition lenses. Personally, I think the same about designer sunglasses as I do about designer clothes - 'Meh', but I won't be without my transitions. I tried prescription sunglasses, but got tired of swapping back and forth.
      "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

I've purchased two pairs of glasses for the past 15+ years. One tinted, one not. Love it.

Me: "Because you're not buying them out of the back of a truck at a flea market"
        Quite bluntly, that doesn't mean jack. Think the price difference between the Oakley MSRP and the price on the corner downtown doesn't tempt a few retail managers/owners?
        "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

The game store sold/sells some stuff that is also price-protected or so the boss claimed. Since stuff wasn't selling, the owner wanted me to undercut our ebay competition (one of whom got blacklisted from the vendor for selling lower than the discount they allowed; undercutting him would mean we were next).
          "I am quite confident that I do exist."
          "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Quoth Soulstealer View Post
            You can still wear sunglasses if you need glasses. There's contacts, prescription sunglasses, laser eye surgery, glasses that tint in bright light and those clip on thingies.
            Yes, I know....
            Quoth Pagan View Post
            But I am pretty enamoured of my Transitions lenses.
            Quoth AdminAssistant View Post
            Heh, that made me think of the guy in that Cosby show spinoff....my memory is failing me.

Yeah, those things cost extra money - so I'll just go sans-shades for now. If I'm in the car and the sun is OMGinmyeyes, I'll take off my glasses, put on my sunglasses (I still keep those Oakleys around) and just hope there's not a sign I need to read.
            "A Different World" is the show you're thinking of and DeWayne Wayne is the character!

And as you said, those things cost extra money....that I don't have right now. So I'm stuck with just glasses with transitions lenses for now.
            It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth MiddleofNowhere View Post
              SC: Ummmm.... *fidgets* "Well, how do I know these are real big 'O' sunglasses?"
              Me: (mind you we have entire shop in our store of several high end brands, all behind locked cases with said high end brands POP/Advertising everywhere)
              Me: "Because you're not buying them out of the back of a truck at a flea market"
              The real question is why do you care? They were made in a Chinese sweatshop just like the knockoffs are. It's not like you're eating them.

Someday I'm going to write my essay on when branding is important and when it isn't.
              Proud to be a Walmart virgin.

Comment

Well - wearing sunglasses causes your pupils to dialate which can allow UVA/UVB rays to go right into your eyeballs if you're not wearing lenses that are protected. That's the only reason I can think of for buy higher quality sunglasses. Not for the brand, but for protection.
                "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
                Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

Working...
                X