Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

They're gonna melt if they walk in the rain!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They're gonna melt if they walk in the rain!

I was doing my usual garbage pick up at Sam's Club when I wheeled my trusty blue trash bag buggy to the front of the store. I noticed right away that it was pouring rain outside & that there was a ton of people all clustered about. It seemed NOBODY wanted to go out to their cars cause they acted all afraid that they'd get wet! So it was crowded like you wouldn't believe!
    I kept hearing people say "I don't want to get wet!-OMG! OMG!"
    I so much wanted to say "You're not gonna melt!"

To be fair, they might have been waiting to see if the rain was going to lighten up a bit - I've done that before.

But they really should've brought an umbrella.
    "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
    Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

Quoth Bright_Star View Post
      I so much wanted to say "You're not gonna melt!"
      Now now, you don't know that for sure. Get a bucket and find out.
      How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

I see this all the time... especially since I live in Florida...

During the summer it rains every day, at the same time, and I don't mean a little bit of rain either, daily alerts about Severe Thunderstorms and Hail are not uncommon.

You'd think these people would know to bring an umbrella, especially since it rains at the SAME TIME. You KNOW that it's gonna around around 5pm, it always does.

Now granted, I don't carry an umbrella, but then again I don't care if I get wet. I love seeing the looks on people's faces when they are huddled in front of a store, and I just walk right past (walk... not run )them into the middle of roaring thunderstorm and calmly get in my car and leave.
        <Insert clever signature here>

Comment

Quoth Soulstealer View Post
          Now now, you don't know that for sure. Get a bucket and find out.
          Looks like we think alike and you beat me to the reference ah well...

I'll get you my pretty and your little dog too!

Comment

Quoth Lingering Grin View Post
            Now granted, I don't carry an umbrella, but then again I don't care if I get wet. I love seeing the looks on people's faces when they are huddled in front of a store, and I just walk right past (walk... not run )them into the middle of roaring thunderstorm and calmly get in my car and leave.

even better is what my husband and I did one rainy day.....

Walked along in a torrential downpour having a loud conversation about the people terrified of water-and loudly questioning if they ever showered as they seemed to be deathly allergic to water.
            Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Quoth Chanlin View Post
              Looks like we think alike and you beat me to the reference ah well...

I'll get you my pretty and your little dog too!
              I don't have a dog. My cat is bigger than a small dog, will he do?
              How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

During the summer it rains every day, at the same time, and I don't mean a little bit of rain either, daily alerts about Severe Thunderstorms and Hail are not uncommon.
                Ah, that brings back memories. I went to boot camp (USN) in Orlando back in the
                1980s and you could just about set your watch by the afternoon thunderstorm.
                Wouldn't last long, either - what, maybe 15-20 minutes? Ten minutes later, the
                sun was shining again. And we always managed to be marching back from the
                chow hall when it hit.

Comment

To me, if it doesn't leave bruises, it isn't raining hard enough
                  I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

Comment

I know, hell, these people shower, swim in and drink the stuff. Getting a little wet isn't going to to kill you. So you'll be damp. Whoop de f-ing do.

One time, I had to go to school and the moment that I parked my car, it started raining sheets. All I could think was "shit", so I sucked it up and walked the 200 yards or whatever to the campus. By the time I got to my class, I looked like I had just gotten out of a pool.

But hey, everyone is different. I tend to like the rain (as long as it's in the summer. Winter on the other hand, forget it)
                    Screw normal. You know why? 'Cause if you're normal, the crowd will accept you. But if you're deranged, the crowd will make you their leader.

Christopher Titus.

Comment

I never understood this in florida......During the summer, even during the drought, it rains all the time. When we were kids, they ran out in the rain.

I was happy it rain a few days in a row last week. There was no letting up either.
                      I've lost my mind ages ago. If you find it, please hide it.

Comment

I dunno, loading my car after a trip to the warehouse club is different than loading my car after a trip to a regular store. One involves just slinging bags into my trunk, the other involves...tetris with bulk items in my tiny trunk. I'd wait out the rain too.

We get them, at the craft store too. Usually, they are buying items that can't be bagged, or they don't like bagged. Things like trees, oversized frames, art paper (holy crap, customers are picky about that. We mustn't ROLL it and put it in a bag to protect it...because they are afraid we'll fold it up into little pieces or some BS) and... foam board. And that's always fun because they never believe me about the size of the bags on hand.

Plus, there is the whole wet = slippery thing. If I'm rushing, to avoid getting as wet as humanly possible, then I'm more likely to fall and hurt myself.

Granted, if I'm alone (that is, without my kids) at a regular store, I'll chance it. I don't like waiting.
                        you are = you're. not "your".

Comment

Quoth LostMyMind View Post
                          I never understood this in florida......During the summer, even during the drought, it rains all the time. When we were kids, they ran out in the rain.

I was happy it rain a few days in a row last week. There was no letting up either.
                          That was nice, but then again I always liked taking a nap during the daily storm. Especially when a lightning bolt comes down and blows out a transformer... knocking out the electricity across 5 blocks LOL

We actually had a bolt go right by the back door two weeks ago. I was sitting in my room, and my dad had the back door open so the dog could come and go as she pleases (she was still outside when this happened)... well it started to rain, all of a sudden, BOOM! CRACK!

Me and my dad meet in the living just looking at each other and I was like "What the hell was that!?". At first I thought the bolt hit my car, because it sounded like a really loud metal twang. Apparently though, it went right by the back door. My dad actually SAW it fly directly past the door, cause he was sitting on his computer which is right next to the door, also, the dog came flying inside and hid under my parents bed.

We never did find out what it struck... all the trees out back were intact and not on fire, and there were no singe marks on the house... so whatever it hit, it didn't do any damage.
                          Last edited by Lingering Grin; 06-29-2008, 02:59 PM.
                          <Insert clever signature here>

Comment

The one time I had an issue with it was when there was a LOT of rain coming down. (Those in Edmonton know the storm I'm referring to last year) Well, I had my umbrella but that was of little support. When I got home my family couldn't figure out if I was in the rain or if I jumped in a pool.

Any other time it was a coice of get wet or stay in hell. Guess what I chose with enthusiasm?
                            I AM the evil bastard!
                            A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

My pet peeve were the folks who stood near the automatic doors, causing them to stay open, and then yapped about getting wet. People who stayed off to the side were okay, as long as they stayed out of the way of the flow of traffic.

Comment

Working...
                              X