Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

They're gonna melt if they walk in the rain!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People with that mindset just don't do well up here. They'd be stuck inside from October to July 5, when our summer officially begins. When I was in college, our Marching Band manual even had the rule "You will become fond of rain".

That said, it's going to be 97 again today, what I wouldn't give for some October weather right about now. I don't mind the heat itself, it's just the jump from 70s to 95+ overnight that gets to me.
    That is so full of suck Dyson doesn't know how they did it - shankyknitter

Comment

I don't get it either

But it does make me think of what my Mom says . . . St floats.
      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

1) after my first full season at camp and teh foot fungus there acquired, I get touchy about wet shoes. Sneakers take forever to dry (but my happy new croc-esque mary janes are teh bomb)

2) at current crutches + wet paving = slippages and terror. Wet painted wood is a no-go.

of course, rain is far less common here, or at least, every other year (it's been wetwetwet this year).

Comment

That happened to me and my mom once leaving Sam's. Everyone was jammed up in the vestibule...and the store was getting ready to close, too, so everyone was trying to leave. I felt bad for one couple because they had a tiny baby with them. The husband ran for the car while mom waited. The guy checking receipts was offering his umbrella if people promised to bring it back but I don't think anyone took him up on it. I wouldn't have minded the rain so much but we just couldn't get through the crowd.
          I don't go in for ancient wisdom
          I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
          It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I'm in South Florida...during the summer it does rain A LOT and there are times where it would not only rain once or twice a day, but almost the entire day!!!! I can understand if they were waiting for the rain to die down, but if it's drizzling or anything minor, they can get their asses out there.
            I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
            Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
            Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

I gotta hang with these people.

I'll be challenging people to wet t-shirt contests and jumping in puddles to my heart's content.
              Unseen but seeing
              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
              3rd shift needs love, too
              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I see people do that all the time at where I work

another good one is that when it rains, people leave their buggies everywhere (more then normal) across the parking lot....

Comment

I have never understood this phenomenon. We are British. We are (or should be) used to being always slightly damp.

So, why, whenever it rains, even lightly is there suddenly a flood of shrieking people who hide in and mess up a store without buying anything. It's just RAIN, it won't kill you.

I quite enjoy rain, especially summer rain. It's lovely.
                  Deepak Chopra says, "Fear deprives people of choice. Fear shrinks the world into isolated, defensive enclaves. Fear spirals out of control. Fear makes everyday life seem clouded over with danger.

Comment

Working...
                  X