This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid Customer Too Scared

Ok if you can't tell by my name I work at a pizza place, I'm a delivery driver. so anyway here is my story.

We were having a busy day, and well i got sent out dropping off alot of pizza's for jackasses. Anyway I drop off these pizza to a house that is quite far out of the way from the store. A woman answers and I give her, her food and then she paid me with a 50 and she did need about 15 bucks in change. So as I start getting her change together the women slams the door in my face... not to mention how rude she was to me after I greeted her, only to have a grumpy moan reply back. anyway i decide to leave with the extra 15 bucks for myself.. she didn't act like she wanted it so I wasn't going to run after her and try give it back because she treated me like crap. Anyway, about 2 and a half hours after that delivery, a complaint call comes through... "driver did not give customer change". My shift manager dealt with it and sent me back to drop off the change. I walked back up to the door only to be greeted by a male.

I ask if the lady who I dealt with was in the house. A whisper echos from behind the door, "Tell him I'm not here" ( I could obviously hear it was her). He replies she isn't here. I ask, "Are you sure she isn't?" He says yes.

I say, "Well here is the change she didn't want, and the next time she orders pizza and knows she needs change she shouldn't slam the door while I'm getting it ready for her, and maybe she would get her money and a hello back after I greet her wouldnt be so bad.. unless it costs her something"

This is definitley the worst behaviour I have experienced by anyone who expected their money back. Customers forget that they are dealing with people too, we also have lives outside of work.. just because it isn't as high paying as yours doesnt mean you can treat us like less of a person.
    Last edited by Broomjockey; 06-29-2008, 09:26 AM.

Yeeesh, whatta jerk. And welcome to the board

Not for nothing, but since you're referring to so many of your customers as jackasses, you may want to consider finding a different job. Or, if you love your job, a different location that delivers to a different area. Trust me, in the long run it isn't worth the pain. Also, since delivery drivers rely so much on tips (and we all know jackasses don't tip ) it can only help your pocketbook as well.
    A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth PissedoffPizza View Post
      Ok if you can't tell by my name I work at a pizza place, I'm a delivery driver. so anyway here is my story.
      Buddy, I feel for ya. I did it myself for a while, and the suck inherent in that job
      is legendary. Seriously, as much as I despise retail work, I'd rather do retail than
      pizza delivery again. Mainly because of people just like the ones you described.

Retail sucks, but pizza delivery involves not only usual retail-type suck, but the added suck of:

dealing with traffic and/or unrealistic expectations of delivery times
      managers that are hell-bent on screwing you over
      customers that are hell-bent on screwing you over
      dealing with customers on *their* turf - and all the suck THAT implies.
      the potential that you might get robbed, beaten, or worse
      out-of-pocket expenses for insurance, gas, maintenance, etc.
      dealing with cops who don't feel that 'pizza driver' is a real job
      dealing with customers who feel that 'pizza driver' = 'subhuman'
      poor tips
      and let's not forget....
      coupons. Lots and lots of coupons.

It takes a hardy soul to do this sort of work. I tip my hat to you.

Comment

Don't forget that Pizza driver comes with all the dangers of being a cop without the employer issued firearm or body armor.

Comment

I did this for many years and its hard to walk away from him, because the income isn't all that easy to replace. Folks will always order pizza after all! They need their pizza fix!

I just tried to write off the jerks as "the cost of doing business!"
          For civilized discussion about broadcasting, media and sports along with fun games to play, visit:
          http://atriumforum.com/
          Emphasis on Michigan area broadcasting, but ANYONE is welcome!

Comment

http://tipthepizzaguy.com
            Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

YIKES, PoP! Iffen ya refer to all your customers as Jackasses I can only IMAGINE what kind of city you live in! *Shudders* Kudos for not slapping the crap outta the woman! Hope the Guy was nicer.
              Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

...I just get in my car and pick up my pizza. Faster, cheaper - good all 'round.
                "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
                Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
                  Yeeesh, whatta jerk. And welcome to the board

Not for nothing, but since you're referring to so many of your customers as jackasses, you may want to consider finding a different job. Or, if you love your job, a different location that delivers to a different area. Trust me, in the long run it isn't worth the pain. Also, since delivery drivers rely so much on tips (and we all know jackasses don't tip ) it can only help your pocketbook as well.
                  well just try and justify the money you loose. I COULD do the same thing but my take home pay would suffer even when working 40 hours a week (and most places around where I live do not give 40 hours a week). I live in an area that had a lot of manufacturing plants that either laid off workers or closed or got sold and a lot of people got RIF'd or pay cutted

Yeah you put up with a lot of jerkoffs (ie cheap MF's) but I actaully LIKE delivering

if you have not done delivery do not knock it or tell me to get another job until you have driven a mile in my car
                  I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                  -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Question: In your professional pizza deliverer opinion, is it sucky to answer the door with a dying baby mouse on a plate and ask for advice on what to do with it?

I did give the guy a $5.something tip on a $14.something order (just paid with a $20 and told him to keep it).
                    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Thanks for this tidbit, Primer! Interesting stuff.
                      "Damn, I'm good!"-Dr. Who

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                        Question: In your professional pizza deliverer opinion, is it sucky to answer the door with a dying baby mouse on a plate and ask for advice on what to do with it?
                        Umm..... uh..... er......wait, WHAT?

Comment

Quoth xaenon View Post
                          Umm..... uh..... er......wait, WHAT?
                          I second that...
                          Confirmed altoholic.

Comment

Quoth ShadedWings View Post
                            I second that...

Comment

Quoth Mango View Post

I've got my ham, chicken, turkey, sausage, beef.. mm, more toppings!

Sad to say I was the type to pay tips through remaining change, no matter how much change remained (be it $9.91 or $0.06 ). I payed a diner $2.00 in change, once. Think that might've been the same bill I saw pasted up on the wall a couple of months later.
                              "IT stands away, interrupting himself from the incessant hammering of the kittens…"

Comment

Working...
                              X