This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Acermed Asarum

This is a general plea for tech help with a particular software package. I thought there used to be a forum for this - if I'm wrong mods please move.

My wife works at a medical practice that uses the Asarum medical records software from Acermed. Well, Acermed got sued out of existence for using another company's code for their product. So no tech support, no anything. The best is a former employee of Acermed who is willing to give consultation for $400 an hour, 8 hours minimum.

I volunteered to take a look at the system, and it only took a fraction of an hour to realize - I can't do a darn thing without an administrative password. So I can't configure the email server to send prescription over the internet, like Medicare prefers nowdays.

So if anybody has any experience or helpful suggestion with this I would be super grateful! I am willing to mail boxes of cookes and/or a small brown cat. He will help you with your typing.

Thanks much, Salesmonkey.
    "Them boys ain't zombies! They're just stupid!"

As far as your problem goes, that's way beyond the scope of my experience.

As far as which board to post on, under the Unsupportable forum, there is a sub-forum called Tech help. That's where this type of post would go.
    "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

Well, that's a toughie. For the admin password, try some of the following combinations:

User ID: Administrator
      Password: password

User ID: Admin
      Password: password

User ID: Administrator
      Password: administrator

User ID: Admin
      Password: admin1

User ID: <username>
      Password: <username>

User ID: <username>
      Password: <username>1

User ID: <computername>
      Password: <computername>

User ID: <computername>
      Password: <computername>1

These are used more often than you'd realize, and may be a good place to start. Also look around the computer, as people are prone to write down those things when they don't use them often. You may be able to turn poor security practices to your advantage in this case.
      The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
      "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
      Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Working...
      X