This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting TV

Has anyone else noticed that a lot of advertisements on TV these days are promoting SC behavior? I saw a Tim Hortons commercial the other day where the SC were sitting around on lawn chairs in the middle of the store drinking their iced drinks and making fun of the workers in the store.

Another thing, those "judge" daytime shows tend to have a lot of SC suing people because of alleged problems like "I was polite but the contractor was rude over the phone to me".
    "Employees can make or break any business, so treat them with respect. Job satisfaction has little to do with money. Discover what it has to do with and make sure they get it."

I have not seen these, and I'm glad. That Timmie's commercial would probably annoy me. No need to make fun of food service workers. It just perpetuates the idea that we're less intelligent/less educated/less able.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

The problem is, the commercial made the guy look like a total idiot, unkempt, slobbish, with no personal hygiene.
      "Employees can make or break any business, so treat them with respect. Job satisfaction has little to do with money. Discover what it has to do with and make sure they get it."

Comment

I have noticed an increasing amount of SC promoting commercials over the last several years as well. I actually think customers have been getting slowly worse over the years, and part of it has to do with things like this.
        My Fur Affinity Page:https://www.furaffinity.net/user/thetigress/
        My Weasyl Page: https://www.weasyl.com/profile/thetigress

Comment

Truth is we have to be pretty smart to deal with SCs all day.
          "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Sandiercy View Post
            Has anyone else noticed that a lot of advertisements on TV these days are promoting SC behavior? I saw a Tim Hortons commercial the other day where the SC were sitting around on lawn chairs in the middle of the store drinking their iced drinks and making fun of the workers in the store.

Another thing, those "judge" daytime shows tend to have a lot of SC suing people because of alleged problems like "I was polite but the contractor was rude over the phone to me".
            but... is the judge actually SIDING with the customer?

I know Judge Judy in particular has actually chastised customers for being EWs, especially when they try to get her to rule against a company... when the customers were the ones in the wrong.

Comment

Quoth Sandiercy View Post
              It's not exactly a new thing. Anybody remember the Zesty Chicken Border Bowl at Taco Bell? I wonder how many SC's THAT commercial inspired?

Comment

Working...
              X