This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's not how any of this works...

Had a shop I edited today where the client requires a photo copy of the receipt and a photo showing an overall view of the property.

The person who filed the report for the shop included a photo of the receipt which was sitting on a table just over a tablet with a photo on screen of an overall view of the property.

Seriously, how could you even begin to think this is what we or the client want?

Same reason that, multiple times over my career in IT, I've asked for screenshots of things and gotten cellphone pictures of somone's monitor.

Here's your sign.
    Cheap, fast, good. Pick two.
    They want us to read minds, I want read/write.

Comment

multiple times over my career in IT, I've asked for screenshots of things and gotten cellphone pictures of somone's monitor.
      Given the depths of human stupidity, you're lucky they don't bring in a screen with a bullet hole in it.

Comment

Quoth Mental_Mouse View Post
        Given the depths of human stupidity, you're lucky they don't bring in a screen with a bullet hole in it.
        Have you ever heard of a site called "Computer Stupidities" ... ?

I think they stopped updating it a few years ago but still ... reading some of those stories made me feel like an absolute techie genius.
        Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
        ~ Mr Hero

Comment

I don't know about that particular site, but I've seen a lot of those sites, some dating back to the 80's or 90's. The more things change...

Comment

Quoth Pixelated View Post
            Have you ever heard of a site called "Computer Stupidities" ... ?
            Yep, on Rinkworks Sadly, it hasn't been updated in a looooong time.
            Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Working...
            X