This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, that answers that ...

I was wondering how long I could get away with the "T" (temporary) sticker on my licence plate.

Answer: right up until about 4 p.m. today, when I got pulled over by one of Windsor's finest. He did ticket me, but said if I got the new sticker on quickly enough "they might" be able to "do something" with the ticket. So I know where I'm going first thing Monday morning.

And yes, I am VERY late on that. New sticker shoulda been on there in October. So it is most definitely All My FaultTM.
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

Around here, "Tag Applied For" on a piece of cardboard seems to be good for 6 - 7 months.
    Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
    Save the Ales!
    Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Here I think it's up until the folks in blue catch up with you. Although they will almost certainly cut you some slack of it's not too far out of date -- and you don't behave like an asshat.
      Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
      ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Many moons ago (13? years) I drove around on expired tags for close to a year and a half. Got pulled over twice, got verbal warnings both times.
        Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
        OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
        she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
        Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

I had to read closely before I realised that "T" on the license plate isn't another term for a learner/probationary driver (in my current state, Learners and probationary drivers have to stick their L/P-Plates on the outside of the car, so most people just wedge the ones they give you behind the license plates. While magnetic L/P-plates probably didn't occur to them, the ones they do give you state the maximum speed at least)

Comment

Working...
          X