This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Canadian in Florida

A Canadian woman vacationed in Florida. At her hotel, she heard the weather report and was delighted when they said that the temperature was 32 degrees. She put on her summer clothes and ventured out.

Now temperatures in America work differently than in Canada. Canada operates on the Celsius scale, while America uses the Fahrenheit scale to measure temperature, so 0 degrees F is much different than 0 degrees C.

Much to her surprise, everyone else was wearing winter clothes and boots. The woman wondered why until a chilly breeze answered her question: It was 32 degrees Fahrenheit, not 32 degrees Celsius!
    cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Wait a second...it doesn't get that cold in Florida! LIES!!!!!!!!!!
    "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

Don't forget that all Canadians are born with innate 75% cold resistance.

Comment

lol. I'm from Canada but living in Louisiana. My problem isn't cold, it's the heat. I can't wait for winter to have something resembling normal temperatures. I have been living here long enough though that I noticed the heat is jothering me less than it used to.

Heh, I always remind fellow Canadians about the weather before they come here since I'm in the hotel industry. Most of them forget.

Comment

Oh, it does get that cold on occasion on Florida! (right now it's 80 degrees though)
          Before I moved here, I vacationed in Orlando, went to a Major Theme Park, and it was a whopping 21 degrees F. Luckily I had a sweater. Unprepared tourists were running around shivering in shorts and T-Shirts. I did laugh.

Comment

Quoth LadyKelli666 View Post
            Oh, it does get that cold on occasion on Florida! (right now it's 80 degrees though)
            Before I moved here, I vacationed in Orlando, went to a Major Theme Park, and it was a whopping 21 degrees F. Luckily I had a sweater. Unprepared tourists were running around shivering in shorts and T-Shirts. I did laugh.
            They must have thought it was 21 degrees Celsius!
            cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

Ew.. louisiana is also pretty muggy. what a diff fr canada to louisiana. I lived in louis also @ 1 time.

Comment

And when it gets that cold the oranges freeze....
                "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth cindybubbles View Post
                  A Canadian woman vacationed in Florida. At her hotel, she heard the weather report and was delighted when they said that the temperature was 32 degrees. She put on her summer clothes and ventured out.

Much to her surprise, everyone else was wearing winter clothes and boots. The woman wondered why until a chilly breeze answered her question: It was 32 degrees Fahrenheit, not 32 degrees Celsius!
                  Sounds like this joke is based on a faulty premise - it's Hell, not Florida, that freezes over when the Toronto Maple Leafs win the Stanley Cup.

Did you hear about the Canadian who went to Key West in the middle of summer, spent too much time out in the sun, and sampled too many of the different rums at Jester's bar? His complexion was florid, eh.
                  Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

I had to get use to figuring out temps in Celsius when I was in Japan. Always interesting trying to set the thermostat.

I remember telling someone in my chat room "Yeah it's 25 degrees in here..."
                    Response: Oh you poor thing!
                    Me: In celcius!
                    Response:

Comment

I may misquote this a bit, since it's been a while, but a few years ago I was chatting with some guildmates (online) in World of Warcraft. These are people I know by voice and *maybe* by the general part of the world they live in, but nobody knew each other outside of the game. I don't remember how we got on the topic, but someone mentioned he was from Canada, and that set one particular guy ranting about ice fishing.

Weird Guy: "So I had this great idea for ice fishing! You get some hot water, right? And you pour it on the ice. You can melt a hole through the ice and you won't even have to use a drill!"

Canadian Guy: "Err, that's an interesting idea, but since water freezes at zero degrees either way I don't think it would work."

Weird Guy: [LONG pause] "Dude! Canada must be a lot colder than the US! Water freezes at 32 degrees here!"

Everyone else on the guild chat: ". . ."

(Sad to say, he was serious. Some guildies later convinced him that Australia was a suburb of Atlanta.)

Comment

Quoth wendymarlowe View Post
                        I may misquote this a bit, since it's been a while, but a few years ago I was chatting with some guildmates (online) in World of Warcraft. These are people I know by voice and *maybe* by the general part of the world they live in, but nobody knew each other outside of the game. I don't remember how we got on the topic, but someone mentioned he was from Canada, and that set one particular guy ranting about ice fishing.

Weird Guy: "So I had this great idea for ice fishing! You get some hot water, right? And you pour it on the ice. You can melt a hole through the ice and you won't even have to use a drill!"

Canadian Guy: "Err, that's an interesting idea, but since water freezes at zero degrees either way I don't think it would work."

Weird Guy: [LONG pause] "Dude! Canada must be a lot colder than the US! Water freezes at 32 degrees here!"

Everyone else on the guild chat: ". . ."

(Sad to say, he was serious. Some guildies later convinced him that Australia was a suburb of Atlanta.)
                        I had a group of Americans show up at the mall I was working at (I worked at the information booth) when I was still in Canada. They had brought their skiis in with them. They asked me where all the snow was because they wanted to go skiing in the middle of a 110 degree heatwave in July.

Comment

Working...
                        X