Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, sir, I can't answer your computer question over the phone because I enjoy making money and staying in business. If I were to tell you how to fix your problem for free I would not see a dime. You can come in and pay our diagnostic charge or our half hour minimum and we would be happy to help you then.

Yes, sir, I realize how bad things have been for you but after you spent 20 minutes on the phone explaining your situation to my business partner - which could have been cut to about 2 minutes with the phrase "I want to get a web site" - I don't need you to re-explain all of your personal problems and waste my time as well. Especially after telling you that my business partner already filled me in on your situation.

No, sir, we can't fix your inkjet printer because it's not worth it to spend $150 to fix a $150 printer. No, sir, we don't need it for parts. We do, in fact, charge people a fee to dump their old printers here.

No, ma'am, we are not interested in purchasing a 10 year old desktop computer. Especially not an EMachine. If you want you may leave it here for no charge and it will be recycled.

No, sir, I don't want to buy your old stereo system. We are a computer store, not a pawn shop or an electronics swap shop.

No, ma'am, we can't take the existing shitty photo on your web site and blow it up without losing even more resolution on it. We need either the original photo or a new one to scan and work with. Simply increasing the photo size does not magically increase its quality. Oh - $85 an hour is not acceptable for fixing issues on your web site? Do let me know when you get someone else who'll do it cheaper.

I'm sorry, sir, if your battery is not charging. I did ask you to check the connections were plugged in on your AC Adapter. Even though you don't know what an AC adapter is. Despite being told several times in the past. And no, your network cable has nothing to do with your battery not charging.

No, ma'am, I doubt we can fix the computer by this afternoon that you dropped off this morning - not if the motherboard is shot.

Hi, mom. Sure - I would love to drop everything I'm working on to check out your laptop that you need working RIGHT NOW. Yes, I understand you're working on a lot of projects. I also understand you have never once taken my advice on how to keep your laptop clean and organized. Remarkably there is no spyware on your laptop except this game from iWin. Oh, you only put it on your desktop? I supposed it magically appeared on your laptop. Yes, you broke the internet. You are a plague on all things electronic.

I'm going to open a bait shop and sell snouts for a living.

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
      And read the damn labels instead of asking me a rock chewingly stupid question as "Do these have salt in them?" while holding up a box of saltines.
      And when you read the label to find the information they seek, they snap, "Well, I could've done that much!" Then why didn't you?! RTFL for yourself instead of hunting down an employee and expecting them to know everything about every single one of the hundreds of thousands of items the store sells!!!
      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
      My LiveJournal
      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

*not exactly customers, but because this thread reminded me of this......*

I realize that I'm one of the younger people in the church congregation, but this does NOT automatically mean that I'm familiar with computers/other technology. Also, just because I'm a fast typist doesn't mean I know that much about word processing programs.

Comment

Quoth BrenDAnn View Post
          For fuck's sake, if you aren't ready, don't bring your stuff to the counter and let me start ringing you up. I can't tell you how many voids i end up with because of this! I've written "wasn't ready" on so many slips I've lost count!
          THIS ....

Urrh Why do people have to unload half their shop onto the belt and then go back into the store for another half of a shop. If you're not ready then don't come down to the till. You are wasting my time and it's not fair on my other customers.

Yet they still bitch to me about it if I have to nerve to serve someone that is actually ready.

Comment

Why are you in here???? I know the weather sirens didn't go off, but the wind blew open our regular doors AND our storm doors. They open OUT. It's tornado weather! Is spending money THAT important???
            "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Thana View Post
              6 people in line all huge orders..and you want your small normal order...TO GO?! I hate you. Don't even think about bitching at me for the wait time. If you wanted it TO GO you could have been in and out of drive by the time the 3rd customer started ordering dammit.
              I don't have a car. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think I'm allowed to walk through the drive-through. I get the order to go because I'm bringing dinner home to my hubby and have to walk it up that hill to my apartment. That's also why I asked for a drink holder. I don't bitch about the wait time, though, unless there are two employees standing around talking about something not work-related. Even then I'd pull the manager aside, not yell at the person on the till.
              Last edited by WishfulSpirit; 08-15-2015, 01:49 AM.
              "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

Don't tell me I need to smile.

Leaning closer, squinting at my nametag, and saying my name out loud is creepy. No, you will not make me smile.

I'm aware my face won't crack if I smile. Stop harassing me about smiling, damn it!

Okay, let me try the 'kill them with kindness' route. Not good enough? You want a smile before you leave?

GET OUT.
                "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

^ :runaround: I HATE that! Stop telling people how to freaking feel! I wish you could say that to them.

Comment

DO NOT yell at me, while staring at the vitamin aisle, which is 24 feet of 5 shelves in each 3 foot section, "HEY HEY which of these vitamins sells the best??????"

A: I don't know what type of vitamin you want
                    B: I am NOT an expert on every single one of the 8000+ brands we sell in our store
                    C: I HAVE A NAME ... or at the least "Excuse me?" or "Ma'am"

Bonus points if you're a frequent scammer who manages to change up your game just 'THAT' much that we can't ever get you banned. Dang, I hate Friday nights.

Comment

Quoth An Haddock View Post
                      No, sir, I can't answer your computer question over the phone because I enjoy making money and staying in business. If I were to tell you how to fix your problem for free I would not see a dime. You can come in and pay our diagnostic charge or our half hour minimum and we would be happy to help you then.
                      Other than the fact that just by Googling the problem I can find at least 2 or 3 different web sites that describe the problem and give possible solutions NOT to mention the major makers sites have somewhat decent FAQs and decent search capabilities.

Quoth Food Lady View Post
                      Why are you in here???? I know the weather sirens didn't go off, but the wind blew open our regular doors AND our storm doors. They open OUT. It's tornado weather! Is spending money THAT important???
                      OH I see you had the same nasty weather come through tonight that we a little farther north did?????? (got good and soaked for an hour tonight and had to do the sloulum around pot-a-potties and trash bins and LARGE downed branches)
                      I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                      -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Don't touch me ... seriously. It's bad enough that you're in my personal space, but then you have to go and touch my arm or shoulder etc... Yes, I am glad you're happy that I showed you where something was but that doesn't give you the right to touch a random stranger.

One woman even slung her arm around my shoulder ....

wtf ...

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post

OH I see you had the same nasty weather come through tonight that we a little farther north did?????? (got good and soaked for an hour tonight and had to do the sloulum around pot-a-potties and trash bins and LARGE downed branches)
                          I forgot to post it, but I was thinking I feel sorry for Racket Man. A lot of my anger was honestly coming from fear. Given the humidity and what-not, I was surprised there was no tornadic movement (that I knew of--didn't watch the weather).

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
                            ^ :runaround: I HATE that! Stop telling people how to freaking feel! I wish you could say that to them.
                            That was all the same person, too. That was the worst of it. A guy and his wife/gf/whatever. Ugh.
                            "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

Quoth Teefies2 View Post
                              B: I am NOT an expert on every single one of the 8000+ brands we sell in our store
                              C: I HAVE A NAME ... or at the least "Excuse me?" or "Ma'am"
                              These. The staff turnover at our store is super high (because our SM is a snotty b*tch who drives all the good workers away) so the employees honestly have no idea about anything in the store. Don't blame them, even those of us who have been there for a while don't/can't know everything!

And C is an ongoing pet peeve of mine. Half the time they just launch into a speech... Sometimes, just for fun, I interrupt them and say "oh, hi!" and it's almost like a reset button. They stop, say hi back, and then often explain in a nicer way. Not always.

My annoyance today: Stop hovering with your fabric like a weirdo. The guy I'm helping only has two bolts of fabric, and you have stationed yourself directly in front of me, the place where the guy I'm helping should be standing. But he's having a conversation about Local Sports team with some other ladies, so he doesn't care. It's still creepy the way you're staring at me, it's like I'm casually drinking coffee instead of WORKING.
                              Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Twice today: Your card was declined because of your bank. I don't know why. It's none of my business, actually. Saying "See?!" after it goes through the second time does not put me in my place; I can read just fine and my screen said declined.

Comment

Working...
                                X