This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ha! You owe me doughnuts Ms. Valentine.

So glad things are settling in the right direction. You go enjoy your Christmas and do what you can to forget this sad excuse for a human being for a day or so. And stick to the "not waiting on her" business. A polite "Please excuse me" and go get someone else from here forward is your best option.

Comment

Another update: she called the store again saying that as long as I was still there she wouldn't shop here, and then she said that she would call every day that she was planning to shop to see if I was still working there. Jeff was the one that took the call and he told me not to worry because if I got fired so would he, I asked why and he told me that when I was still on break upstairs they were messing around by the customer service counter and Jeff told them the same thing I did in front of the mother and she didn't even look at him. I asked him why would she act that way toward me and not him, and he looked right at me and in his best "black" voice said "girl, you know white bitches is crazy!" it caught me completely off guard and I couldn't help but laugh. I hope this ends here.
      ......../\
      ....../__\
      ..../\...../\
      ../__\../__\

Comment

If she keeps calling, can't they call the cops for harassment or something?

Comment

Quoth kibbles View Post
          If she keeps calling, can't they call the cops for harassment or something?
          I agree completely. She sounds a bit crazy, and perhaps you could use this as ammo to go to the police and file a complaint that you're afraid she might begin stalking, harassing you further or even hurting you.

I'm glad your boss has stood-up for you; it seems an odd job to have such threatening customers. I'm in security, so I'm used to being told that "they're going to get my ass fired" every day, and I'm trained for it and know that as long as I follow procedure I'm fine. But I think you were right; if you hadn't talked to them and they got hurt, they would have also blamed you. And the fact that she was filming the whole thing smells like she was trying to set the store up for something.

Hope things go your way. Stay safe!
          "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

I understand where you're coming from when you think the did the right thing and it seems to backfire, then you spend all of that time worrying and wondering. I'm glad things have turned around in your favor, and I hope this adds to the Christmas/Holiday miracle. :)

Comment

I should point out to those that disagree with the verbal warning that Sarah did, in fact, continue to talk to the customer about the situation after her manager had repeatedly told her to be quiet and let him do the talking.

Does this mean she is in the wrong for this situation? Of course not. But she was slightly in the wrong on this one minor point, and for that, she got a very minor slap on the wrist that means absolutely nothing, other than that management is following protocol, and they can also tell the crazy bitch customer that they have, in fact, "disciplined" Sarah.

Since management is backing Sarah on the bigger picture and only gave her that minor warning for not following a manager's instructions, I have to say they are pretty much doing what they should be doing, and I can't fault them at all.

Quoth Sarah Valentine View Post
              Another update: she called the store again saying that as long as I was still there she wouldn't shop here...
              Sounds like a win for you and everyone you work with, as you won't have to deal with the crazy bitch again! Bonus!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
              Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                I should point out to those that disagree with the verbal warning that Sarah did, in fact, continue to talk to the customer about the situation after her manager had repeatedly told her to be quiet and let him do the talking.

Does this mean she is in the wrong for this situation? Of course not. But she was slightly in the wrong on this one minor point, and for that, she got a very minor slap on the wrist that means absolutely nothing, other than that management is following protocol, and they can also tell the crazy bitch customer that they have, in fact, "disciplined" Sarah.

Since management is backing Sarah on the bigger picture and only gave her that minor warning for not following a manager's instructions, I have to say they are pretty much doing what they should be doing, and I can't fault them at all.

Sounds like a win for you and everyone you work with, as you won't have to deal with the crazy bitch again! Bonus!
                I'd forgotten about that, and you do have a point.

I think if SC carries through on her threat to call the store daily, the store management may take matters in their own hands, because they're gonna get seriously sick of having to deal with this. They may even tell her to take her craziness elsehwere. (Hey, one can hope ...)
                Last edited by Pixilated; 12-24-2012, 03:14 AM.

Comment

In my experience most verbal warnings are akin to "you did the right thing, but unfortunately it got out of hand and escalated. Keep doing the right thing, but just try to keep it from getting out of hand next time."

So essentially you're failing is that you were unable to roll a natural 20 on diplomacy, but you did the right thing, albeit with not enough skill so that the woman's rampage was not averted.

What I do now, and what has served me quite well, is that for any decision that is even slightly out of my jurisdiction, or anything that may be even be beginning to head in the wrong direction, I get a manager involved early. I give them a heads up at the first hint of any trouble, so that way should trouble fully manifest, they already know its coming and they already know the details of it.

This has serve me very well. Just recently we had a case of a crazy person who, for some reason, insisted they were talking to me (the logs refute this claim), and that I was extremely rude to them, and refused to let them speak to a manager.

However, as my boss and his boss both know that I can't wait to hand an unruly customer off to them, they know that this person is completely fabricating the encounter.

As they know I always inform them of any problem cases way in advance, they're never blindsided by actual problem cases, so if they are blindsided by a problem case, they know I wasn't involved. Works out great.

Comment

I agree with Jester if that crazy bitch never shows up again its win win for the store.
                    You know she's going to try something again, she might have even hoped her darlings get hurt so she can sue the negligent store - rotten hosebeast

Comment

More proof to the truth of Harvey Danger's lyrics: "Been around the world and found that only stupid people are breeding, the cretins cloning and feeding..."

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                      Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Hyndis View Post
                        In my experience most verbal warnings are akin to "you did the right thing, but unfortunately it got out of hand and escalated. Keep doing the right thing, but just try to keep it from getting out of hand next time."
                        Or, alternatively, "Your actions were technically wrong by the letter of the law, so I have to do something about it. Consider something done."

Comment

this sounds like Aaron's Vinegar Boy story.

Did the mother even ASK her kid why you were "yelling" at them? What did the kids tell the woman?
                          Last edited by vloglady; 12-24-2012, 03:57 PM.

Comment

Oh god I really don't this mess to turn into that shit pile. She did ask and I told her that it was a safety issue then she just started ripping into me, it was like her kid and his friends were perfect little angels where as I was a horrible demon bbqing puppies. I hope I never have to go through with this again.
                            ......../\
                            ....../__\
                            ..../\...../\
                            ../__\../__\

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                              More proof to the truth of Harvey Danger's lyrics: "Been around the world and found that only stupid people are breeding, the cretins cloning and feeding..."
                              Except that's wrong. It's not just the stupid people who are breeding. It's the horrible, puffed-up with self-importance entitlement whores who are breeding as well.
                              PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Her calling every day IS harrassment. Turn the tables on her. They will have her calls on some kind of log. This bitch has no case. She's a nut! I'm sorry you got stuck in this... Ugh makes me hate people more and more. I hope everything turns out okay for you.

Comment

Working...
                                X