No announcement yet.

Random Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It also means that should you be short of a handkerchief in public, you always have something handy to use!
    The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

• Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
      Mine is waist-length so awfully long, and I have a husband and kids who like to drape themselves all over me whenever I sit down. If you don't have these things, your hair is not that long yet, or you keep it in a braid at all times, it probably won't happen for a while
      Right now, my hair is barely past my shoulder blades. I'm getting close to my sister's hair, which is down to her butt.

Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
      It also means that should you be short of a handkerchief in public, you always have something handy to use!
      Um, no. I'd use the paper bag first.
      This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

• Fortune-cookie-grade wisdom: anyone that needs a reminder to not take themselves too seriously need only look in the mirror...while flossing their teeth.
        Cheap, fast, good. Pick two.
        They want us to read minds, I want read/write.

Comment

• Husband said on a podcast he liked, they do a Would You Rather question every episode and this time was would you rather be a crew member in Event Horizon or open a puzzle box.

I had to think because they both involve eternal torment. But in Event Horizon no one would know what happened to you, while the Cenobites could make your suffering legendary even in Hell, so you might at least be famous. And if I remember correctly, I think you can even work your way up the ranks to being a Cenobite too since they were all once human.
          https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

• I'm consistently amazed at my interactions with my clients. I'm in collections and am treated so much better by people who owe me money than when I was in retail big box. I mean, they now ask for my supervisor so they can tell her how grateful they are for my help. You'd think it would be the opposite. I guess it's because it's in-house business collection. I suppose if I were calling Joe Public about his credit card bill then I'd be getting yelled at.
            "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

• So I've become a wee bit addicted to Town of Salem of late. Playing through one of the games, I draw the role of Juggernaut for the first time (gets more powerful after each successful attack) and someone else drew Plaguebearer (goal is to infect everyone, then they become Pestilence and cannot be killed by any other means apart from everyone ganging up on him and voting for him to die).

After I make my first kill and someone else is outed as the plaguebearer, one of the other players starts squeeing over the fact that there's a Juggernaut in the game. Turns out there's an extremely rare achievement you can get if a fully powered Juggernaut goes up against Pestilence.

Once it was confirmed that everyone still in the game "room" at the time the Juggernaut makes the move against Pestilence gets the achievement (alive or not), everyone (good and evil) made an agreement that both the Plaguebearer and myself would be left alone to do our jobs and get fully powered up. After I've done my fourth kill (at which point I'm fully powered), I then go against Pestilence, get the achievement and everyone else starts cheering.

Comment

• Last night we had a storm, so of course this morning there were branches down everywhere. My husband said they looked like "Nope Ropes" and "Danger Noodles" (Snakes)
                So I said, "Nope Rope and the Danger Noodles"
                He said, "That's my White Snake tribute band!"
                I walked right into it
                My son thinks I'm Lucifer Morningstar. I'm not sure he's wrong.

Comment

• Well, that's that. Canada is done for another five years ... one hopes. Of course, we do have a minority government ... so we could be going through this again in a year or two ...
                  Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
                  ~ Mr Hero

Comment

• State Farm's radio commercials are cancer and I want the head of the "creative" person who thought they were somehow funny or clever.
                    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

• Social media is strange. I would like to post a mildly critical remark about a celebrity on Twitter but I am afraid they might see it and have their feelings hurt. But on Twitter I can make comments that are critical about things I see on Facebook, but I can't post on Facebook in case I hurt someone's feelings. At least I have an outlet for both, I guess!
                      https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

• So, Irv, which commercial?

Comment

• I posted a funny cat picture in a cat group on Facebook.

Within 15 minutes, it had garnered more than 250 reactions ...
                          ~ Mr Hero

Comment

• Memo to self: next time you go out to gas up the car on a weekend, do a quick check to see what the conversion rate is, in case you run into American tourists ...

Because "I'm sorry, but if I try to do that in my head, we'll be here all day ..."

Really.

All I could tell her was that 1.11/litre was "not a bad price."
                            ~ Mr Hero

Comment

• I'd mention the existence of conversion apps for phones, or offer to Google an online converter.
                              "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

• Quoth morgana View Post
                                So, Irv, which commercial?
                                The ones where they rewrite old pop songs to be about insurance.
                                Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Working...
                                X