This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apparently I'm dead...

Which is rather annoying if I am as I appear to be doing just as much work as when I was alive.
    But I did return home to find a letter addressed to the 'Executor of the Estate of the late Kit-Ginevra'. Apparently there's an account with a balance on it of some £2K which the probate solicitors will get in touch with me about. I have a nasty suspicion they think I owe it to them. If they owe it to me, death will be a reasonable trade for £2,000 in the bank.
    But it would be nice to find out who confirmed my apparent demise with them....

In the meantime.... wooooohhh!!!!
    The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

My condolences on your demise. But remember, your online presence continues on long after you depart.

Hmm... Might make a good premise for a horror movie, but I think it was covered in a couple of Twilight Zone episodes decades age.
    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Be careful with it, just in case -- I'm hoping that it's just an error and not something that's going to haunt you for a long time.
      Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

It sounds a bit suspicious too. Beware that it might be a new variation on a scam. Don't give out banking or personal details.

Comment

This. Do a bit of research on the party it's supposed to have come from.
          "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

I'm voting for scam too. Most likely they'll require some sort of "processing payment" to send you the purported funds.

Comment

The value seems a bit low for Heir Hunters type people.
              ludo ergo sum

Comment

We have an answer it seems. My uncle has the same uncommon name as me and his partner passed away a couple of months ago and he was executor of the estate. Some twonk pressed the wrong key and converted 'Executor of the estate of the deceased:Mr.Kit Ginevra' to 'Executor of the estate of the deceased Mr.Kit Ginevra' and that colon made all the difference!
                The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Now you can Spock answer-
                  "I've been dead before.

I had it happen to me in the Navy. Never got the the full story but I think my ex was pulling some shit.

Anyway I get hauled into the Div Officer office- he admits I'm me and tells me according to big navy I'm dead.
                  I look at him, and around the office and say outloud SHIT!- I did end up in hell.
                  he didn't like that
                  AkaiKitsune
                  Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

Quoth Rosco the Iroc View Post
                    Now you can Spock answer-
                    "I've been dead before.

I had it happen to me in the Navy. Never got the the full story but I think my ex was pulling some shit.

Anyway I get hauled into the Div Officer office- he admits I'm me and tells me according to big navy I'm dead.
                    I look at him, and around the office and say outloud SHIT!- I did end up in hell.
                    he didn't like that
                    No sense of humour at all, eh?

Since you're dead, Kit Genevra, have you seen my dad around? I keep getting a prospectus from some Chinese company addressed to him ... and Dad has been dead for over 20 years. If you spot him, tell him to go haunt their offices and tell them to STOP SENDING THIS STUFF, please and thank you.
                    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
                    ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Is it from the Chinese testicular implant company... Won Hung Lo?
                      Or the penis enlargement company... Hung King Dong?
                      Or the one night stand company.. Mi Fuk Yu?

I sense a calling here

Comment

Working...
                      X