Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to deal with bullies, Kink's Dad's way.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to deal with bullies, Kink's Dad's way.

My dad is a cantankerous old fart with a "special" sense of humor. He doesn't put up with idiots, he's tough as nails, and he's only five foot six so he's kind of got to know how to work with the hand he's been dealt.

We got on the subject of bullies the other night and he told me this story about when he was a young man that about made me wet my pants.

Some guys were giving him and another friend of his a lot of shit one day when my dad was in his late-teens/early twenties. Dad's not big, like I said, and back then he was very slim. And he was very, very pretty. So I guess he looked like an easy mark. Two things not readily apparent to a bully:

1. Dad's really, REALLY strong.
    2. Dad's half crazy. Maybe more than half.

So this one guy grabs the back of my dad's leather jacket when dad ignored the taunts and catcalls. Dad bent his knees and pushed backwards, at the same time reaching over his head. The taller attacker predictably stumbled forward and Dad caught him by the collar and hair and pulled him over his head, flipping him onto his back on the ground in front of dad.

Dad put his boot on the guy's chest and simply walked over him and continued on his way.

The guys didn't follow him. I guess they figured it was safer not to.

This probably sounds a little nuts, but Dad's not given to telling tall tales. And frankly, it sounds like something he'd do. I mean, this is the same guy who shot a bee with a pistol and chased some teenagers down the street whipping them with a cat o nine tails. This story does not sound over the top, coming from him.

I like your dad, Kink.
    "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

Your dad sounds awesome. XD

Comment

Your dad is brilliant!
        Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

Comment

I love your dad, Kink.

Course it also explains why you're so awesome too.
          https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

Bee with a pistol? Bee with a pistol?

That's just too much awesome.

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
              ...shot a bee with a pistol ...
              I hope he was using a BB pistol.
              I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
              Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
              Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Sounds like fun times. Would have liked to hear about that teenager story though. Why did he whip them? I would have laughed my ass off seeing that.
                A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.
                Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

Sounds like your dad and mine got separated at birth, Kink.
                  Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
                    Dad put his boot on the guy's chest and simply walked over him and continued on his way.
                    As long as you spread the pressure enough, you won't break the sternum or the ribcage. As long as you don't do either of those, you aren't going to do damage - not to a healthy chest. And if you break a rib or the sternum, you'll hear and feel it; so you can get help for the dude. I wouldn't step on an abdomen, however.

The apparent callousness of the action is probably what awed the bullies enough to make them leave your Dad alone. I like it.
                    Seshat's self-help guide:
                    1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                    2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                    3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                    4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

I like your Dad, Kink.

Every time I stood up to the bullies who made my life a living hell from 3rd to 7th grade, the bully I stood up to-- usually by physically attacking them-- learned their lesson, to a degree.

TJ, my most frequent tormentor, got picked up and slammed backward into a wall, and he never bothered me again unless he had backup.

Josh P, my hated nemesis, got his head slammed into a gym locker, and again, only bugged me if he had backup or unless he had the advantage of distance-- like the time he prank-called my house.
                      PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Your dad and his story are full of win

My dad had similar issues. He grew up in the Bronx, was small and scrawny, and (from what I can tell) rather "pretty" himself. He didn't do anything physical to ingratiate himself with the knife-wielding bullies, though...he just used his wit, and it seemed to work for him. He knew it was either get them on your side or be tormented forever.
                        "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Quoth chrislb View Post
                          Sounds like fun times. Would have liked to hear about that teenager story though. Why did he whip them? .
                          Here is the cat o nine tails story.

As for the bee, he was cleaning fish and a bumble bee was harassing him. He would clean off his hands and grab something to swat it or shoo it and it would disappear. As soon as he set back to work, it would return. Lather, rinse, repeat.

One of my great uncles was hanging out talking to him while this was going on. Finally, Dad went into the house, brought back a pistol, and when the bee came back, he picked up the pistol and shot it. It exploded in a puff of yellow pollen.

Cue flabbergasted uncle's mouth dropping open in stunned shock.

Uncle then commenced to telling everyone who would listen "how damned if Ells didn't soot a bumble bee with a pistol." I actually heard the story from HIM originally.

What he didn't know was that dad had loaded the pistol with some sort of light wadding or something. I don't remember what he used, it was a long time ago. But it was enough to blow a cone shaped concussion zone at the bee and explode it in mid air. So while it looked like he'd pulled off a million to one shot, all he had to do is aim in the general vicinity of the bee and let the blast zone do the rest.

Needless to say, he saw no need to share this info with my uncle.

I should also mention that my dad is very artistic, resourceful, and clever with coming up with sleight of hand. In fact, he used to work as a magician sometimes. So this ain't much of a stretch for him.
                          Last edited by RecoveringKinkoid; 02-26-2012, 12:06 AM.

Comment

I just laughed so hard my husband, who was about to get in the shower, just stopped what he was doing to see what was up.
                            The original Cookie in a multitude of cookies.

Comment

I just laughed at the bee and pistols story so hard I had to read it to my roomie. She then said 'you and your weird friends online.'
                              Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
                              Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

Working...
                              X