Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2014 Christmas Card Exchange - Tallies are closed. Thanks for playing!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today I got cards from DGoddessChardonnay, mathnerd, smileyeagle1021, and someone I don't know addressed to someone who doesn't live in my house.
    And now I am eagerly awaiting my wombat in a box from England.
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

• Home from my week away, so my cards are off to their final destinations! Plus, waiting for me were ParkingWitch's, Morgana's, Kit-Ginevra's and taxguykarl's! Plus someone who calls themselves my brother.

Comment

• We end up each year getting birthday cards addressed to Hannah from various relatives. We don't have a Hannah-she's obviously moved and not told them-but there's no address,so we can't even send it back and say she's gone!!
        The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

• Just sent the rest of mine out.
          Sometimes life is altered.
          Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
          Uneasy with confrontation.
          Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

• Got four today! Smiley, DGoddess, Mathnerd, and Kanalah! Plus one from my sister.

Comment

• A bunch came in today...one of which may or may not have been sitting in my car for a week along with some legal paperwork >_>

Kit-Ginevra, DGoddess Chardonnay, Sarlon (ooo! dwagon!), Kanalah. Mathnerd
              "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
              "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
              "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
              "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
              "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
              "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
              Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
              "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

• Today's mail brought cards from Kit-Generva and Mikkel.

I'm hoping I've not had any lost en route to me . . . we have a new mail carrier and it turned out that those two cards ended up in my next door neighbor's mailbox and we ended up with his water bill.

Good thing my brother was keeping up with it . . . this particular neighbor is one lazy dude and probably wouldn't bother to walk over with the mail.
                Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

• Got Kanalah and Ironclad Alibi's cards today.

And it's snowing.

Comment

• I finally got the cards addressed and they'll go out tomorrow.

As for cards received (and I'm probably duplicating what I posted earlier):

Mathnerd
                    Monica
                    taxguykarl
                    smileyeagle
                    Parking Witch and Mama Kay
                    sarlon
                    morgana
                    Random conversation:
                    Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
                    DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Comment

• Mine will go out tomorrow, probably. Or Saturday. I meant to bring them this morning but I forgot. And I'm going to NYC tomorrow so we'll see.

Comment

• MadMike's card came today.

I put the internationals in my box to go out tomorrow (can't put them all in there at once; it's not that big). Figured I'd at least get them out there.

Comment

• MadMike's card has also arrived in Australia.
                          "Bring me knitting!" (The Doctor - not the one you were expecting)

Comment

• I've not posted who I've recieved cards from but I have been posting them in the tally page.

School is finally over...so things will calm down.

however, I have a problem....Tawnymyst's card was returned to me for "not deliverable as addressed"
                            It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

• That's odd, I've had other cards show, come to think of it, the ones that have come so far were hand addressed. I'll pm my address to you so you can compare.

Comment

• Gotta love Florida! I've been to THREE post offices and no one has the cute international stamps, so I'm going to have to have the int'l ones metered.

I hope to have mine out by Monday.

Also nice how badly my mail runs. MadMike's apparently made it from PA to Australia before Florida.

PS - since I'm the only Floridian (to my knowledge) participating, I've got FL themed cards this year! *dodges rotten fruit*

Also just now got around to Tallying. Sorry for the delay.
                                "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Working...
                                X