X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jenni's fun work orders

So, I've had a few good ones lately.

Here's (roughly) what the users said was wrong.

(on the occasion of bringing her laptop in for the 3rd time, since she wouldn't leave it at the Helpdesk overnight).

"The internet does NOT work! This is the **5**th time I've brought this in!!!"

(And the next time, as she brought it in when our network was down).

"The internet STILL doesn't work! This is the ***7**th time I've brought it in!"

Student the second.

"It told me I needed "hotfix" whatever that is. And I clicked the button it told me to, but I got a little message saying it was taking me to an unsecured site. I think there's something wrong with my antivirus."

Hotfix is window updates. The button took her to Microsoft Updates. She was stupid. Everyone laughed.

Jenni
    SC: “Yeah, Bob’s Company. I'm Bob. It's my company.” - GK
    SuperHotelWorker made my Avi!!

Isn't it fun when people lie to your face? (Or on the phone, as it were with my job)

I know how many times you've been in, I know how long your call was in queue, etc. Do not lie. It just makes you seem all the more annoying to me, and WILL NOT get you faster service.
    "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

By that point, she had worn down my ability to be mad at her. She was just THAT STUPID!

We close at 4:30. She came in at 4:25, nothing would do but us getting it done THEN. Despite the fact that she wouldn't actually be able to USE it when she got back. Bossman and I learned very quickly to pretend that we expected everything that popped up, even if we didn't because she'd start throwing a fit about her computer if we so much as looked at it wrong. After the 20 minutes with her, nothing she could do bothered me.
      SC: “Yeah, Bob’s Company. I'm Bob. It's my company.” - GK
      SuperHotelWorker made my Avi!!

Comment

It's amazing what can be done just by paying attention to the windows that pop up and following the prompts.

Is this girl a student? I think before anyone is sent off on their own to school, and given their own computer, that they need to be sent through a crash course in basic Windows operation (or whatever system). I bet it would save you guys a lot of heartache.
        --Kim--

“It is sometimes an appropriate response to reality to go insane.” Philip K. Dick

Comment

to the first: If you have to bring it in that many times, stop doing whatever you're doing to bugger it up!

to the second: learn to READ.
          Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Working...
          X