Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah, but Mysty, there were no "judges," per se. Judging was done by the people who were there, who would buy tasting tickets. The more tickets in your jar, the better you did.

I DO understand why they did not allow me to move up to the professional category: my chili was not available anywhere, and I was not in any way representing a restaurant that sold chili.

I was a bit miffed that they tossed the tabulations after they told me they would tell me what they were, but I don't think that that was necessarily them being pissed at me trying to take down the professionals. Maybe, as I opined, they just didn't want me being an ass to the professionals, especially since in future cookoffs this particular charity organization will probably only be doing the professional category. (Not due to me--the last two cookoffs they've done, they've had VERY low turnout for the amateur categories.)

So, c'est la vie. Shit happens. My friends and I (and all the rest of the chili cooks who were at the cookoff) still know what went down.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
    Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
    X