Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone want to read a fantasy novel, for free?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone want to read a fantasy novel, for free?

As most of you know, I've been writing novels for NaNoWriMo for a few years now. I've never really polished a novel up, but my 2009 novel has now been edited, rewritten, and is in need of test readers before I create the final draft!

So, do you want to read my novel?

I'm looking for readers who know and enjoy genre fantasy--sorry, but I'm not recreating Tolkien with this story, it's pretty lightweight. I'd like to get feedback on this draft in the next 1-3 months. I just need people to read the book and tell me what they think: comments can be detailed or big-picture, either one is fine.

Basic plot: a fey gets exiled and spends several centuries in the human world before going home to save her world from a deadly threat. It's based on Russian folktales, with a bit of Hellboy and Lovecraft thrown in just for fun.

I have a PDF that should work on e-readers (it works great on my Kindle) or any computer. DM me your email if you want me to send the file to you.

And thanks!
    "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann

My pony dolls: http://equestriarags.tumblr.com

I'll read it, I will read just about anything as long as it doesn't involve twinkling vampires [unless it is a satire at them ... ]
    EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

I can guarantee that there are no vampires, sparkly or otherwise, in the novel. But I DO have the Baba Yaga! Woot for obscure villains!
      "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann

Comment

Baba Yaga isn't obscure! ...Or I'm just that nerdy.

I'd love to read your novel, Joi. I'll send you my e-mail here in a moment.
        My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Baba Yaga sounds interesting =) People ignore the old classics too frequently. [Why yes I did grow up with all the different color fairy books =)]
          EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Baba Yaga is the reason I don't investigate sounds in the night. Sure it might be a burglar, but it might be Baba Yaga counting my spoons.
            The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

I'm not totally into fantasy, but I am looking for something new to read, if you are still looking for people to read your book.

Comment

Wow. Your description just hit all my buttons. Fantasy? Check. Folklore? Check. Hellboy? Check. Lovecraftian? Check.

I would love to read your story. Please?

Comment

I'll read it, if you read mine (don't worry, mine's a year away at minimum from being ready).
                  Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Ooo! If you still need/want more readers I'll read it!
                    Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
                    Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

Yes, I'm still sending it out! Just PM me your email, and I'll send you the PDF.

Comment

sounds fascinating
                        Meeeeoooow.....
                        Still missing you, Plaid

Comment

Wow

What does it tell you that I read this all today(Sunday)?

A very warm comfortable read up until that one certain point.
                          And then it really blew me away.
                          Meeeeoooow.....
                          Still missing you, Plaid

Comment

Quoth ParkingWitch View Post
                            Wow

What does it tell you that I read this all today(Sunday)?

A very warm comfortable read up until that one certain point.
                            And then it really blew me away.

*blushing* So glad you enjoyed it!

Comment

Definitely very Russian Fairly Tale! Loved it. Can I pass it on to hubby?

Comment

Working...
                              X