This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Seraph View Post
    They actually changed about....four years ago? So yep, you were one of the lucky ones. Four years ago was when they started really pushing the "FREE CARDS" thing, and started prostituting themselves to selling information and their advertisers. -.-
    Yeah, I figured I'd been lucky. But I'd also heard the negatives from other artists on one convention's forums, which is how I personally know about the "read everything carefully."

Unless you're really sold on the FREE aspect of the cards, there are better printing options that don't sell your soul to make an extra buck.

Oh, quick addendum to my Zazzle pitch above: it's $17 for standard-size cards (and an extra $9 to get them on some of the fancier materials), but that's for double-sided. They also have a "chubby" style that's a bit more, and a "skinny" style that's about half the base price. I've been quite happy with my past purchases from them.

I also know another artist who uses GotPrint.com to get hers. They have custom trimming and the like, and I just double-checked their pricing. It's pretty good ($14 for 250 double-sided full-color cards, for instance). As another option.
    Last edited by Kogarashi; 02-15-2012, 08:21 PM.
    "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
    - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

i don't use groupons, or online coupons because more than likely i have to jump through hoops JUST to get it. i do use coupon bug.com (local thing, have used it for 6 months no bugs or viruses or spam etc) for groceries and thats it. i don't go out enough to need or want those kind of coupons. sadly not going to get business cards but i might get a stamp with them.

should the need or opportunity arise i will get them but JUST the cards. i have an email created JUST to give out for when i sign up for something, or when a store asks for it, or a site or what have you. because if i need an email to pay for my purchase i know i will be hit with spam and buy buy buy me stuff.
      thank you again Seraph

its sad when a site has to "prostitute" themselves out to keep a float or to make money. but still....shakes head

for me i just wanted a nice plain card with a picture or something that has my email (email for deviant art) mine and hubs deviant art and MY cell to call if you want orders. but i would only be giving this card out locally. in my town and no where else

ALSO the GotPrint.com looks really nice
      Last edited by Midnight12; 02-19-2012, 11:57 PM.

Comment

Staples told me that they'll make 400 cards, any design you want, really, for thirty dollars. But that could be good only for here.

Thanks for the warnings against Vista Print.

Or you could do what I'm currently doing: Buy a pack of index cards, cut them into four equal quarters, and make business cards out of that.
        Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Working...
        X