This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Darn you Cameron Diaz!!

Friend called me up in a tizzy today. Apparently this one Alliance player that I had a serious grudge against on my server in WoW....was actually Cameron Diaz.

I can't tell you how many times I got ganked by her, but mark me, I killed her more than a few times myself. She was actually on my List Of People To Incinerate On Sight.

Still, now I'm going to give any of her movies the evil eye from now.

...Even Shrek.
    By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

So...you've killed Cameron Diaz?

*brohoof*
    https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

First rule of PVP servers...if it's red it's dead. No respecter of fame or claim.
      "English is the result of Norman men-at-arms attempting to pick up Saxon barmaids and is no more legitimate than any of the other results."
      - H. Beam Piper

Comment

Quoth Kanalah View Post
        So...you've killed Cameron Diaz?

*brohoof*
        *brohoof*

Quoth Fire_on_High View Post
        First rule of PVP servers...if it's red it's dead. No respecter of fame or claim.
        EXACTLY. Also, this rule makes for extra funnies since one of the worst raiders we have in my current guild is called Red. Brings a whole new meaning to that. LOL

Comment

I have never killed or been killed by Cameron Diaz.

I have only ever danced with Sandra Bullock.

You win.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
          Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
            I have only ever danced with Sandra Bullock.
            My husband is so, so jealous of you, LOL.

Comment

As are many of my friends.

I'm often amused when someone will accuse me of lying about this. As I tell them, "If I were making it up, I'd say I fucked her."

Still A Customer."

Comment

I think one of the best things about the airport job I had was seeing/meeting all the celebrities that would come through. If was fun to see some without any makeup, see who was actually snobby, who would come talk to use while we were servicing their aircraft.

Comment

Quoth 24601 View Post
                  If was fun to see some without any makeup, see who was actually snobby, who would come talk to use while we were servicing their aircraft.
                  So spill...who was snobby, and who was cool?

For those wondering about my end of things, here are my two lists of celebrity meetings (with those who didn't really make either list left out):

KICK ASS CELEBS:
                  Sandra Bullock (sweetheart, great dancer)
                  Cheech Marin (intelligent, well spoken, totally unassuming)
                  Mojo Nixon (hilarious and brilliant)
                  A.C. Green (basketball player...not just the nicest celeb I've ever met, but one of the nicest PEOPLE I've ever met!)
                  Charles Barkley (hilarious if you're not easily offended)
                  Robin Roberts (former sportscaster, now works on Good Morning America, I think)
                  Gunnar Hansen (Leatherface from the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre...good friends with my friend, drink with him all the time.)
                  Warwick Davis (Willow from the movie of the same name...did magic for him and his family....total sweethearts, all of them. Yes, I did magic for WILLOW!)
                  Marcus Washington (linebacker for the Washington Redskins at the time, may still be...he and his drop dead gorgeous supermodel type girlfriend were two of the sweetest people I've ever met)
                  Wade Boggs (great guy, fun to talk to, very chill, comes to Key West all the time)

There are several other celebrities that either live in Key West or come here frequently that I've HEARD are awesome, but haven't actually met myself. They include Kenny Chesney, Judy Blume, and Hulk Hogan.

LAME ASS CELEBS:
                  Vanessa Williams (total diva bitch, the type to snap her fingers at a server...hated her...still do)
                  Toby Keith (personality of a door knob...total tool, not to mention a musical thief)

By all the accounts I heard from when they were down here, Carson Daly and Carrot Top were also raging assholes, but I never dealt with them myself.

Still A Customer."

Comment

Aww MAAAAAN?! Wade Boggs?! For serious?! That man is one of the few childhood baseball heroes I still hold up on pedestal! And WILLOW!!!! Dude, I'm moving to your place. Brb.

Speaking of celeb-meeting jobs...

My uncle Jimmy used to drive a limo business in NY, and toted celebs back and forth a lot. He said, believe it or not, that Brad Pitt once spotted his limo in traffic (it was empty, was returning home for the day) and ran across MOVING CARS to knock on his window and say "HEYYYY MAAAAN!"

Apparently, at first he thought it was a hobo, because Pitt had this little beard or something going on, and looked vaguely scruffy.

There was also this one WWF guy who he used to chauffeur around a lot. I don't remember who, but he said he was a super nice guy, used to tip, bring various goodies, and even tickets to future shows for my Uncle.

God rest his soul, Uncle Jimmy used to tell me all sorts of stories like this.

Comment

Charlize Theron - beautiful even without makeup, very nice as well
                      Nichole Kidman - Kinda snotty, ignored everyone who worked there and refused to even look at her pilot when he asked her a question
                      John Travolta - Very hands on and nice to the ground crew
                      Tom Hanks - I felt kinda bad because he had a cold, but very nice
                      Denzel Washington - Friendly for being woken up in the middle of the night
                      Tiger Wood - Hid in the plane, same week the scandal broke
                      Cameron Diaz - Nice, bit loud...lol
                      Tom Cruise - nice, but sleepy
                      Various Olympic teams - too busy to judge
                      Jimmy Carter - Meh
                      There are others that I forget off hand since I worked there for years (and some I cannot talk about).

One of my favorite turns was when Paris Hilton was trying to go to Tokyo after her latest drug bust, only to be denied entry to the country and turned around. US Customs downloaded the entire plane, all 25+ bags.

My absolute FAVORITE was when a C-130 landed unannounced, only to pop the door and be full of Marines coming back from a year long combat deployment. It was the first time in almost a year most had see the USA. I did mass runs to anywhere they wanted to go. Most wanted a grocery store...those boys and their fresh fruits and veggies...lol

Comment

Quoth 24601 View Post
                        Tiger Wood - Hid in the plane, same week the scandal broke
                        I'm somehow imaging him hiding in an orange crate, and pretending to be luggage.

Quoth 24601 View Post
                        Cameron Diaz - Nice, bit loud...lol
                        !!!

She totally, TOTALLY was that way ingame too D:

Comment

The only celebrities I've really "met" were at book signings.
                          - Mick Foley (who, when I mentioned I wanted to be a writer, encouraged it)
                          - Neil Gaiman
                          - Terry Pratchett (who, when signing my copy of Good Omens, commented on how "lazy" Neil's signing had gotten)

Apparently former WWE wrestler Muhammad Hassan shopped at the wholesale club once, but I didn't see him that day.

My ex-CW Little Momma Awesome met a lot more celebrities due to her work with the catering company that handled Nissan Pavilion (whatever it's called now), the Verizon Center, and a couple of other venues. She knew:
                          - Pretty much all the WWE/WCW wrestlers
                          - Dave Batista, one of the WWE wrestlers, in particular, because she knew him from his days as a bouncer at the Rocking Horse
                          - Ozzy and Sharon-- whom she was on first-name basis with, given that they insisted on being so
                          PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Jay 2K Winger - Nissan Pavilion is now JiffyLube Live.

I have met 2 of my favorite authors:

Kinky Friedman: Really nice and awesome. I love him. Hubs wasn't too impressed (he smoked his cigar while reading from his latest mystery novel).

Nora Roberts: She actually lives in Maryland. I have met her on several occasions. She is nice and gorgeous and so genuine.

After a concert in the late 90s, I met Aaron Tippen (country singer) and some of his band. Aaron was really nice, down to earth, very "southern boy" in his charm. His fiddler player took a shine to me.
                            Last edited by CalyCoRose; 02-20-2012, 09:01 PM. Reason: added a sentence plus had to spell a word correctly
                            And you're welcome (in regards to my avatar).

Comment

I haven't met many celebrities, but most I've met have been at minimum cordial if not quite nice.

I've met:

Don Cherry (Canadian Hockey personality)
                              Several NHL players
                              Bret Hart (really nice guy)
                              Chris Jericho (totally awesome, not only did he autograph books for the fans, you actually got to sit at the table with him and chat for a few minutes while he signed for you. Great guy.)
                              Ric Flair (kept his distance from the fans to a degree. Was very business like the entire time, didn't show a whole lot of personality)
                              "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Working...
                              X