Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Used to to support for their stuff, too (even dabbled in Crystal Reports-for-thatsoftware, too) -- As for names:

a - Good. I'm glad they increased that

b - IIRC, while it's no longer as relevant because of the change, account numbers do not count towards the limit (name and number are separate columns in the database tables, and the latter can be hidden, iirc). A huge number of places and people we did support for used the account numbers to enter a/p and a/r numbers onto forms instead of names, out of habit. Then again, we tended to cater to people who had been using the damn thing since the DOS days..including several dozen who still used the MD-DOS version (last one was "Classic v13")...which, incidentally, runs just fine on Windows XP. Keep in mind that I'm talking about people who have been on the same data file long enough to need to delete some truly ancient accounting periods to make room for more.
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Oh, gods, not rounding. I used to work on a project dealing with the USAF's material supply software, and we got to sit on our thumbs while the customer hashed out how to round anything that came out to a fraction of a cent. It was BIG DEAL to the client, who, admittedly, was dealing in numbers in the hundreds of thousands, so a fraction could add up.
      The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
      "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
      Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
        "RapidTomes" has both a (pretty decent) accounting package...
        I'm not so sure I'd go as far as characterizing the "RapidTomes" accounting package in that manner...

My opinion might have something to do with having to deal with their SDK, though.
        "I often look at every second idiot and think, 'He needs more power.'" --Varric Tethras, Dragon Age II

Comment

I wonder how often people mix and match their mobile devices.

You know...refer to a MrData as a DoorPhone, or a DoorPhone as an eTele...
          Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Working...
          X