This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tell me what I need to know!

I've always posted in Cursing out Coworkers before. I'm thinking maybe I should post here sometimes.

I'm not an IT person. However, I help one particular group of coworkers navigate an order submission system. They have high turnover and often are not well trained, don't know all the tricks of it. I can walk them through all the needed steps. However, it helps if they tell me what they need and don't assume they already know!

Basically, one of these people called in with an address. It required a special override from me. I asked what service he wanted and the agent said Awesome Internet. So I gave an override for Awesome Internet. I told him that the override was specifically for Awesome Internet and he had to enter the address EXACTLY as I had done or it wouldn't work.

He said it wasn't working. I could make it work, I had no idea what the problem was. So I gave up and offered to do the whole thing manually. He took that offer and as I was building the account he happened to mention the customer wanted Awesome Internet and Extra Awesome TV.

Of course, that was why the override 'didn't work.' When I told him that he said that if the customer could get Awesome Internet they could get Extra Awesome TV. Not actually true, necessarily. Sometimes they can only get Okay Internet with Extra Awesome TV. And did I not mention that the override was VERY specific? Argh! So I redid the override and whaddaya know, it worked. How long did this whole episode take? At least a half-hour.

I need a drink.
Working...
X