Go Back   Customers Suck! > The Heart of the Site > General Work Chat

Old 07-21-2019, 04:34 AM
Other side of the m0dem

I'm glad you got a chance to dump her out of your life. I did the same thing with my mom back in the early 90s and it was the best thing I ever did. She spent years mentally and emotionally abusing me, and basically acting like I didn't know how to do anything right. Including dress myself. My last straw was when I talked to her on Mother's day when I was a new mother myself, and she didn't say it back. Sounds dumb by itself, but after years of her bullshit it was literally the last straw, I was DONE. Never spoke to her again and practically had a celebration when she died in the later 90s.

Old 07-21-2019, 03:59 PM
RVT

Holy Moly Kanalah! What a meant and spiteful woman. What a waste of energy to behave that way. I'm so glad you've found the inner strength to stop doing things with her, and even to not crumble when she came up to make a dig at you. Good for you!

Old 07-21-2019, 08:24 PM
Geallta i ngra

Well done, Kanalah *gives hugs* I've read a lot that you've posted here about your mother, and from what I can see you will have lost absolutely nothing by amputating her from yourself. I congratulate you on your courage and maturity - I'm sure it was still hard to make the break, but it will become easier as you go forward, especially with the support of your aunt (who sounds awesome).

((Some people just aren't happy unless they've got someone to torment, and I'm sorry but your mom sounds exactly like that))

Old 07-21-2019, 10:18 PM
Cashier

Thumbs up

I mean no disrespect, but your mom sounds like a classic narcissist, at least from this armchair psychologist's perspective. The worst thing about your recent actions, from her POV, is that you've proven you can be successful without her (alleged) help.

Of course, the best thing about what you've done, from the POV of just about everyone else, is prove to yourself that you can be successful on your own. It can be damn difficult to change your self-image after years of being put down, but it sounds like you're well on your way to becoming the person you were meant to be (as my own therapist puts it).

I want to include my congratulations with everyone else. Well done!

Old 07-22-2019, 12:14 AM
Make the stupid stop!!!!

I am so proud of you for getting that total negative out of you life. You're much better off without it.

Way to go, and way to go on the much better sales. Keep up the good work.

Old 07-23-2019, 12:33 AM
Pedestrian of the Apocalypse

I will always shoot a salute to anyone that can manage to separate themselves from toxic influences/relationships. My ex-GF managed it, and some of my current friends have all managed to do it as well.

Sending all the good vibes your way. Best of luck, and well done you!

There are only four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!