Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sure I want to go prison for your big sale.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sure I want to go prison for your big sale.

So a mech at the dealership wants an handgun. OK I can do that.
    Typical lots of do all this research and maybe I'll get something and oh you want $$ up front?! All to make $50.

So after months of hem and haw now he wants something and is bitching that he has to drive to my shop.
    Sorry dude but I got an zoneing variance to do this at the house...well because the FED's require I ONLY sell at my place of business or gunshow- no I can't say the parking lot at work is an gunshow.
    This rule is not flexible and in the same class as requiring I track SN and do background checks.
    But how will they know?
    At this point I'm not even trying to get the sale. Piss off just because you think you make the rules does not mean you do.
    AkaiKitsune
    Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Quoth Rosco the Iroc View Post
    But how will they know?
    You could be a snitch to the Feds and this is a sting.

Sounds like it is time to walk away.
    Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
    Save the Ales!
    Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Csquared has a point. This stinks of some kind of setup. I agree you did the right thing in refusing those terms.
      I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
      -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Even if it's not a setup of some sort -- and honestly, considering what site we're posting on, I bet it's not -- do you really want to deal with a customer like that?
        Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
        OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
        she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
        Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

I didn't actually think it was a sting, but that line should shut him down.

*looks at the sight name*

Yeah, who am I kidding...
          Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
          Save the Ales!
          Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

On no its not a sting, he's just that Stupid. yes with a capitol S.

I should coworker some of his crap. I think he's leaving La-Dee-Dodge at the end of the month because we got over him and started treating him the way he treats us.
            He threw some random old nasty part on my counter when I was not there, no reason why.
            So I stuffed it in the drawer of his tool box. He go so butthurt, even more so when the boss shrugged at him. What did he expect? I think he's going back the the last chicken shit dealer he worked at that let him get away with his attitude. Truth be told I could prob get away with it, BUT No, hell NO.
            AkaiKitsune
            Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

If I had a nickle for every time I had to go to court because a gun I sold turned out to be a straw purchase.

My way or the highway.

Comment

Quoth csquared View Post
                You could be a snitch to the Feds and this is a sting.

Sounds like it is time to walk away.
                I had the opposite thought, that maybe this guy is trying to AVOID background checks.
                When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

See, I think he's either too lazy to drive alllll the way to your place...or was just a lookyloo from the get.

I want gun, but I have no idea what I want, so I'll just make someone else spend their time trying to find just what I want, but OMG!!! Guns cost real money! I'll just bitch about having to go to Rosco's business and if he doesn't beg to do a parking lot deal...well, its his loss!

I get this all the time at work. "OK, this is what you need to do to complete the case, 1, 2 and 3."

"Aren't you supposed to do all that for me, its YOUR job!' "No, its my job to try ONCE to try to get that information, if I can't do it, its YOUR job to do it. Unless you want to voluntarily withdraw, of course." "NO, I need the benefits, can't you just write down that you got the information?" No, that would be an intentional program violation and I am not willing to lose my job and possibly incur fines and jail time for you."

Comment

I hate the "they won't know" excuse.... my comeback is always "Yes, the will, I intend to tell them"

For a small price, Rosco, I could make the parking lot of your dealership a gun show, but only until the first responders showed up......
                    Last edited by Argabarga; 03-30-2018, 02:19 AM.
                    - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

I just had the fun thought: Numbnuts gets his firearm (the lazy-ass way he wants it) and does something... fitting for his intelligence level, and gets busted. "Where did you get the gun, Numbnuts?"
                      We all know the answer to that question, don't we?
                      The only question in my mind is how long it would take before such incident(s) took place.

Comment

But in the parking lot he can see the black helicopters coming!
                        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth Daskinor View Post
                          If I had a nickle for every time I had to go to court because a gun I sold turned out to be a straw purchase.

My way or the highway.
                          DON'T even go there. Fun to have "don't lie for the other guy" posters in the basement. Attempts to do this get perma ban and an call to the state troopers for them to HOPEFULLY take further action.

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                          I had the opposite thought, that maybe this guy is trying to AVOID background checks.
                          No he was going to do them, but again I'm not allowed to call them in on the road.

Quoth Buzzard View Post
                          I just had the fun thought: Numbnuts gets his firearm (the lazy-ass way he wants it) and does something... fitting for his intelligence level, and gets busted. "Where did you get the gun, Numbnuts?"
                          We all know the answer to that question, don't we?
                          The only question in my mind is how long it would take before such incident(s) took place.
                          Only thing is taking it back to his *less then gun friendly home state of NJ, but that's on him not me. I tell everyone don't do it, don't even think about it. You have been warned so if you do- do it, don't come crying to me. Even with my licence I'm loath to go there, they have the tendency to file charges 1st, 2nd, 3rd and your lawyer can ask the questions later. *again no debate here about it

Quoth Argabarga View Post
                          I hate the "they won't know" excuse.... my comeback is always "Yes, the will, I intend to tell them"

For a small price, Rosco, I could make the parking lot of your dealership a gun show, but only until the first responders showed up......
                          I'm going to add this to my terminator style drop box in my mind the next time it comes up. Right after "fuck you asshole"

The big boss does not believe in a employee manual so there is no rule saying I can't conceal carry. I think everyone assumes I do.

FUCKING A! the same dude just now almost smashed a oil drain caddy into a tool box backing a car out of his bay! someone yelled at him just in time. I have windows to the shop.

Yea for all these reasons I'm out.
                          Last edited by Rosco the Iroc; 03-30-2018, 02:45 PM.
                          AkaiKitsune

Comment

DON'T even go there. Fun to have "don't lie for the other guy" posters in the basement. Attempts to do this get perma ban and an call to the state troopers for them to HOPEFULLY take further action.
                            I try so hard to weed them out, but at least once every 6 months.

Latest one was a Lawyer who purchased a hand gun for her boyfriend, who had a (DWI and a domestic. WTF!) Found it on him during an altercation at a bar. I got no red flags off her at all. Knew what she kinda wanted, but did not come in asking for something specific down to the Make and Model. I honestly thought she was worried for reprisals from a case she was working on.

Had to go to court to be like; Yes we sold the gun, yes it was to her, here is the info from the sale in ledger form

a days work

Comment

:... the same dude just now almost smashed a oil drain caddy into a tool box backing a car out of his bay! someone yelled at him just in time. I have windows to the shop.

Yea for all these reasons I'm out.
                              Good choice. He sounds like the kind of person who would check to see if the gun was loaded by looking down the barrel, while holding the gun by the trigger....
                              “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
                              One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
                              The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

Working...
                              X