Go Back   Customers Suck! > The Heart of the Site > Sightings

Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2018, 06:22 PM
Area Manager

Quote:
Quoth Monterey Jack View Post
I don't know how long ago that was, but it's to believe ANYONE could not own a TV past the early-80's.
This was in the early 1990s.....I remember hearing several classmates make comments about going past this family's house, and seeing them all sitting in their truck with the radio on.

Old 07-18-2018, 05:53 AM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Parking lot guy needs better taste in music. May I suggest “Gangbang at the Old Folks’ Home?”

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Old 07-18-2018, 06:11 AM
Assistant Manager

Quote:
I don't know how long ago that was, but it's to believe ANYONE could not own a TV past the early-80's.
Me. While I technically own one, it hasn't even been plugged in since 2011. I quit watching and cancelled the CATV out of disgust. Got tired of paying to see the same half-dozen movies over and over again on the movie channels (literally playing THE SAME FLICK at the SAME TIME one night - I could skip across all three of the channels and not miss a moment of dialog!), watching the same 8 or so commercials over and over and over again every 9 minutes or so, and discovering the History Channel no longer had anything to do with history. Add in the Law and Order Only channel, and entire daytime blocks of SPONGE BOB on CN.... yeah, f*** it. Told 'em to turn it off.
Discovered something profound. I DON'T MISS IT. The stuff I want to see I can find on Youtube, Netflix, Hulu, or rent at the video store. F*** television.

Old 07-18-2018, 05:30 PM
Area Manager

I need a TV to watch all of my movies, either on Blu-Ray or one of the various streaming services. I can't imagine not owning one.

Old 07-24-2018, 04:44 AM
Bagger

I don't own a TV. We had 3 until we moved last year, but we hadn't turned them on for AGES. I cancelled our cable in 2013 and never looked back. Don't miss them. Don't need them. Mosts of what I want to watch isn't on TV here anyway. I love my British shows (mostly panel shows) and I can watch a lot of them on Youtube. The other things I can find on Amazon Prime.

Old 07-24-2018, 01:51 PM
Area Manager

But...who wants to watch shows and movies on a rinky-dink laptop screen?! It'd drive me CRAZY.

Old 07-24-2018, 02:02 PM
Area Manager

Most modern tellies nowadays can connect up to phones/laptops/tablets and play content on them. You're essentially using the telly as a monitor instead of a telly.

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Old 07-24-2018, 06:15 PM
Tarot-carrying novelist.

Rinky-dink laptop screen? Me, for one person. I'm homeless again. I'd be lost without my laptop. Which also means I don't own a television.

Old 07-25-2018, 07:49 AM
Bagger

Quote:
But...who wants to watch shows and movies on a rinky-dink laptop screen?! It'd drive me CRAZY.
I don't need a huge screen to watch a programme or a movie. I have a 17 inch laptop screen with HD. I can watch wherever I want. I don't really watch that much anyway. Just a handful of shows. But to each, his own.

Old 07-25-2018, 01:14 PM
Computer Geek

Ah forget you all. I LIVE on my cable TV. Digital cable is my boyfriend and my DVR is the Love Of My Life. Best. Invention. Ever!! I have full digital cable, AND Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, and Acorn (some of them shared between me and a friend), but there are still times when I turn everything off and just read a book.

But I LOVE my cable TV. LOVE LOVE LOVE......
(My petsitter refuses to charge me because I have cable tv. She comes over to watch my cat, play in my garden, use my computer, and catch up on her shows. My cat has never been happier).
Closed Thread