Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our store is also open 24 hours. I didn't realize there were any Meijer stores that close at night. I know there's at least one store in my state that is not unionized. IIRC it's one of the smaller stores in the chain located in a rather small town.

The union is very kind to the long-timers. Some of them make $18.00/hr or more, have 5 weeks vacation and I believe 8 personal days. But each new contract is worse than the one before.

From what I understand, people hired after Dec '05 will not get any paid vacations anymore. They can request time off without pay but who can afford to do that? You also have to be with the company for 18 months before you get holiday pay. Since very few people last that long, Meijer saves a lot on labor.

At this point I get 2 weeks paid vacation but I can never take it when I want to because the long-timers with 5 weeks get priority and management won't grant vacation time to more than one person at a time. I had requested this week off but it was denied because someone with seniority also requested this week off. It's her 3rd week of vacation in a 2-month time period.
    Retail Haiku:
    Depression sets in.
    The hellhole is calling me ~
    I don't want to go.

Comment

Our non-union store still does paid vacation depending on your fringe benefits. I forget how they calculate it.

Comment

Working...
      X