This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visitor Parking is reserved; received a complaint

Visitor parking is reserved today for the Freshman Summer Success program. That is the only event on the event list.

There is a computer science camp at the university that has been going on since June. The dept. having the event reserved spots for the event in June, but none in July. When the first customer attending this camp *he has been attending the camp since June* arrived, I told him that the garage is reserved & that there are no reserved spots for that event. He told me J.V. Amith told him he could park. I told him "the only thing I can suggest is for him to call the parking office at x7218." He left. Then he returned & told me he called J.V. Amith, & he told him he could park. So I call the parking office. "Nancy" answers the phone, & I explain to her what the guy told me plus what I told him when he arrived the first time. She looks up in the computer & tells me that J.V. Amith did not reserve spots for the event, & even if he tried to, he could not since the Freshman Summer Success program was already on the event list. She tells me she will speak to the guy at the window. She tells him J.V. Amith did not reserve parking spots for the event & that he has to find other parking.

More people arrived for the event, & I explained to everyone that Visitor parking is reserved & that my manager spoke to the first person who arrived for the event & told him he had to find other parking because J.V. Amith did not reserve spots for that event. One customer, who was here for the event, found other parking, & then walked up to the booth window & told me "Could you please tell the person who told you that we could not park that he/she is very rude." He left. So I call the parking office, & I tell her what happened. She says "Oh...oh well."

"Nancy" calls me after a while to tell me that Visitor parking is no longer reserved. Less than 10 people had arrived for the event at that point. The dept. having the event reserved 50 spots. Most of the students arrived by bus.

Oh, yes, the person confirming that the spaces are reserved is very rude, but the person who didn't manage to bother reserving the spots at all is still golden, I'm sure.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
    X