X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I ROCKED that presentation!

Woohoo!!

So today was the weekly manager's meeting, a two hour monstrosity that I am, thankfully, not required to attend. But this week, I was giving a presentation to the managers; a presentation about the new social media program that we just started (I'm the lead for the project because I rock Twitter).

Awesome Boss gave me a basic outline to build my powerpoint on, then just let me run with it. I filled it out, added and tweaked a few things, and got it approved by her.

I walked into the meeting today, hooked up my computer, and proceeded to lead the meeting, keeping everyone (mostly) on track, explaining exactly what we are doing on social media sites, why we're doing it, and what we hope to accomplish. Basically, I rocked the conference room.

Heh. See, though I am an extreme introvert...my dad is a public speaker. And has been training me since I was 8 years old. I don't really *like* public speaking, but it certainly doesn't scare me, and I'm damn good at it.

Everyone in the office was stunned. They had never seen that side of me before. Awesome boss gave me a compliment with a high-five, my former boss (when I used to work in the call center) sent me a congratulatory email, and Awesome Art Girl just kept grinning at me and saying, "Daaaaaaaamn...!"

SCORE
    "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann

My pony dolls: http://equestriarags.tumblr.com

Hooray. Have some
    "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Congrats - I'd give you a high--five but I don't know if that smilie has been made yet.
      "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann
      RIP Plaidman - you are loved & greatly missed.

Comment

Working...
      X