Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stop pretending you didn’t know already.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stop pretending you didn’t know already.

Not once but twice today. I turn off my light put up my sign and still they think they can just put down groceries. I even said to the first asshole that I was closed and what would you know, the belt rolls and my closed sign is magically moved and his groceries are magically on the belt!

Also, if the door is closed and not opening that late at night when our hours are posted right on the door at eye level. Don’t pry the door open and pop the lock then claim “you didn’t realize we were closed. You did. You just don’t care about anybody except yourself.

I wish I could afford laser eye surgery so I can go back to the military, because civilians are SO fucking unbearably stupid. Like how do some of these people have the brain power to figure out dressing themselves in the morning.
    At least assisted natural selection is at play when you’re in the military. Either that or someone promotes the idiot to officer. Technically I could go back but only in a desk jockey job and hell no to that.
    Don’t worry about what I’m up to. Worry about why you are worried about what I’m up to.

I HATED that. But we weren't allowed to have closed signs. No one pays attention to the lights. I am so glad that at the end of the day I decide when to stop what I'm doing.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

At my store, thankfully, once you are told to take your break, you GO. If somebody else is taking over at your register, they will deal with the next customer. If not, you still close up and GO. Same when your shift is over.

If I am closing and I put up the sign and turn off my light, and a customer tries to come in, I tell them sorry, I'm closing. If they insist on staying there, I turn the matter over to a supervisor, who may or may not agree to ring them out on my register. If not, they will simply tell them point-blank that this register is CLOSED and they MUST go to an open one.

None of the supervisors at my store have any particular affection for idiot customers.
      Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
      ~ Mr Hero

Comment

"Excuse me. Are you Open?" No, I'm Dave and you are?

Comment

Is it sad I had more faith in humanity when I served in the military but customer service has virtually killed any faith in humanity that I had?
          Don’t worry about what I’m up to. Worry about why you are worried about what I’m up to.

Comment

Working...
          X