This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Mongo Skruddgemire View Post

Chap came to the door, put the pizzas on the porch railing and proceeded to pull out a wad of bills that could be used to beat whales to death with. When he saw that I had pulled out the one and only $50 to my name he freaked out and said that he didn't have change for that.

When he wouldn't take I shrugged and closed the door on him (he still had the pizzas so I wasn't stealing) and he yelled at me through the door for several minutes.

Then just to REALLY be an ass, he called his manager and had him bitch me out for it.

wtf?!

When I did my tour of duty as a Pizza Delivery person, we were told not not to take anything over $20, but it was also understood if the order was large enough that we could still make change $50s are ok.

It seems like there was no common sense was used by the delivery guy there tho..
    Last edited by drunkenwildmage; 11-01-2013, 06:00 PM.
    Just sliding down the razor blade of life.

Comment

we had another one tonight. Not my delivery but still.......

this one went to the hotel right behind us. This particular hotel has us call the guest's room, wait in the lobby and the customer has to come there to pick their order up (and yes we tell each order about the situation ie. this is the hotel's rules not ours.).

Driver arrives and tries to call the room. NO answer. driver waits....

wash rinse and repeat.

Until some time has passed and the driver returns to the store with the undelivered order. The driver goes on about their business.

about 45 minutes later (the order is now about 90 minutes old. Customer calls up and bitches they have not gotten their order. The situation is explained to them and the order is redelivered.

NOW here is the funny part: The order is on a CC. The customer signs the slip and puts a big fat zero in the tip line. The desk clerk *(bless any of you who may do this) comments to the guest something to the effect : "Why did you NOT tip the driver. They went above and beyond for you. shame on you". Unfortuneately the zero tip stood.
      I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
      -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Working...
      X