This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sidewalks are for parking, right?

Hi all! Just a quick one, witnessed at my workplace. A woman came in, bought some gutter covers and a ladder. She had us hold onto her stuff while she went to a grocery store next door, no big. My supervisor figured he'd do a carryout after she parked and came in. No, because that would be logical, apparently...Me, my supervisor, and a coworker all see at the same time, this lady DRIVE UP ONTO THE SIDEWALK IN FRONT OF OUR STORE. Not like, oh a wheel is cocked up on the curb....no, she had all....four....wheels up on the sidewalk, completely blocking the it. I just....I don't even....
    To top it off, when my coworker and supervisor both let the customer know (politely, too) that it is illegal to park on the sidewalk, she completely blew them both off.
    SO looking forward to my new job!
    "If journalism is good, it is
    controversial, by its nature." -
    Julian Assange

Didn't you get that she wanted curbside pickup???

Sheesh. Really.

But then again, I'm not surprised. I see lots of vehicles parked in the fire lanes at Wal-Mart all the time.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

My car is really comfortable to sleep in.

The other night I drove about 4 hours north to do some photography and by the time I got done I figured it wasn't worth the time to get a room so I pulled into a rest area, put the seat back, put my feet up on the dash, threw a blanket over me and slept for several hours before heading back out for more pics.
      I'd tell you where to go, but I work there and I don't want to see you everyday.

My photo blog.

Comment

Actually, sidewalks are for regular walking, not for fancy walking.
        To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
          [pulls out gun and shoots you in the leg]

Comment

Quoth Monterey Jack View Post
            Walk this way...
            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
              I always thought they were for silly walking.
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqhlQfXUk7w
              It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
                I always thought they were for silly walking.
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqhlQfXUk7w
                dang it you beat me to it.
                I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth Monterey Jack View Post
                  You shot who in the what now?
                  To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

I ride a bike around to and from my jobs. And it is just as risky riding on the sidewalk as it would be on the street! Never know when some jackass driver will come up and block the entire sidewalk because they think they own the place, refusing to move and forcing me to hit my brakes and wait for them to drive away.

I'd go around them if I could, but SOME of the drivers like to try and hit their gas pedal when I'm crossing in front of their bumper.

Comment

Working...
                    X