This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth corwin02 View Post
    Reminds me of a cardealership I was at a few years back.
    Guy comes in to buy a new car, signs all the paperwork (including a loan at an idiotic rate of 12%)

-if you are wondering I was sitting in the next cubicle over and the guy was kinda loud-

At the end of the whole transaction the guy asks "Where is my 2000 dollars because you advertise outside with a huge sign 2000 U$ cashback on every trade"

The guy could not get it through his head that cashback meant a discount on his car purchase, he was convinced he would get cash money on the purchase of a car and would than trade the car back in to get rid of the carloan.

In the end the car deal got cancelled and he walked out of the dealership sans new car and sans cash.
    In his defense, but really not an excuse, unless you really stop to think about what dealers advertise, it can be misleading. But then again, i think most people can figure it out.

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
      What was the exact wording on the sign, anyway? Not that the SC read it through, they never, ever do...

Doesn't matter what the sign says; the SC sees what they they want to see. AND if the representative tells them something other than what they want to believe then it's a "scam" OMG! OMG! "Eleventy!!"...LOL!

Comment

Quoth rapana1 View Post
        I- she- what?
        She's willing to have a tantrum on a shop floor, but what, won't go to the Salvation Army for a food parcel? Anyone who actually is in need of food can get food. She wants money for nothing to spend on crap. Silly cow.
        She's just another entitlement whore who's been taught that by yelling, crying, or other destructive and disruptive behavior can get her free stuff. Dime a dozen.

Quoth Catwoman2965 View Post
        In his defense, but really not an excuse, unless you really stop to think about what dealers advertise, it can be misleading. But then again, i think most people can figure it out.
        True, but it only takes a small amount of critical thinking to realize that companies never intentionally lose money on things. They may take a loss on something to drum up business (especially in a service oriented business), but the only way you make money off of a company is to take advantage of a combination of things they didn't notice (combining a store coupon, a manufacturers coupon, and a price match, for example). That's almost never going to be found on one sign.

Unfortunately, a lot of these people seem to think they can beat the system, not realizing that the system is designed to beat losers like this Every. Single. Time. Systems that can't tolerate confrontation don't last long.

Comment

Quoth Grendus View Post
          She's just another entitlement whore who's been taught that by yelling, crying, or other destructive and disruptive behavior can get her free stuff. Dime a dozen.
          Closer to a penny

The OP brings to mind this thread of mine. Long story short: Our state public aid department used to send letters saying that the recipient could get 'Up to $[EITC max that year] in tax refunds'. The catch is, of course that your income has to be in a certain range depending on the number of kids. Needless to say, this EW ignored the words 'up to'.
          I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
          -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

I'm sure the sign said something like "interest free cash now", but regardless, you were in fact offering her free cash now, she just had to fill out the proper paperwork. I'm sure her credit would have been good
            D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
            Quoth = Crossbow "EvilHomer, Irv, Gravekeeper, and Seraph: the Four Horsemen of the Dumbpocalypse."

Comment

Quoth rapana1 View Post
              I- she- what?
              She's willing to have a tantrum on a shop floor, but what, won't go to the Salvation Army for a food parcel? Anyone who actually is in need of food can get food. She wants money for nothing to spend on crap. Silly cow.
              I don't know why they think this will work, because I've seen it time and time again. The threat that if I don't give someone something for free RIGHT NOW, they won't have money for food and their entire family will starve to death in order from grandma all the way down to hypothetical and as yet unborn children....

If your family IS starving, there are people to call, or get to a hospital. If you've got time to stand in line and argue at a register, then it's not an emergency.

Do they even see how transparent their own lies are? Or do they chalk up our indifference as proof that all workers are "Stupid" and just don't understand the stakes?
              - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Quoth iPanda View Post
                i was immediately reminded of
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSCVteyKmWc
                Yet another sterling example of The Aliterati. Do schools not teach reading comprehension anymore?! Or at least teach "there's no such thing as a free lunch"?
                I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                My LiveJournal
                A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                  Yet another sterling example of The Aliterati. Do schools not teach reading comprehension anymore?! Or at least teach "there's no such thing as a free lunch"?
                  Oh, she knew she was in the wrong, she just didn't care - the sign explicitly said "interest free cash". She was just hoping that by playing dumb and being aggressive she could aggravate the cashier into giving her money. Unfortunately, while charity and welfare are normally a good thing, some people generalize the help they get and think that they're entitled to everything being free and if they just ask cry, bitch, moan, and scream they can make things work the way they're supposed to.

Comment

Quoth corwin02 View Post
                    Reminds me of a cardealership I was at a few years back.
                    Guy comes in to buy a new car, signs all the paperwork (including a loan at an idiotic rate of 12%)

-if you are wondering I was sitting in the next cubicle over and the guy was kinda loud-

At the end of the whole transaction the guy asks "Where is my 2000 dollars because you advertise outside with a huge sign 2000 U$ cashback on every trade"

The guy could not get it through his head that cashback meant a discount on his car purchase, he was convinced he would get cash money on the purchase of a car and would than trade the car back in to get rid of the carloan.

In the end the car deal got cancelled and he walked out of the dealership sans new car and sans cash.
                    Dealers do have to be careful with those special offers. About 15-20 years ago, a local car dealer had a special: Bring in a pumpkin, and they would weigh it. For every pound you'd get a dollar off a car purchase.

Now, see, in the rural areas here we have a lot of farms that grow pumpkins. Big pumpkins. Really, really big pumpkins. Long story short, some guy went in to the dealer with a HUGE pumpkin weighing a few hundred pounds, and the dealer had to honor the deal because they hadn't put a limit on it.
                    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post
                      *snip*

Do they even see how transparent their own lies are? Or do they chalk up our indifference as proof that all workers are "Stupid" and just don't understand the stakes?
                      My guess would be a little of both. They know perfectly well how transparent their lies are but they still think other people are indifferent if they don't cough up help on demand.

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post
                        I don't know why they think this will work, because I've seen it time and time again. The threat that if I don't give someone something for free RIGHT NOW, they won't have money for food and their entire family will starve to death in order from grandma all the way down to hypothetical and as yet unborn children....
                        You hear the same thing in restaurants all the time...some bitch screaming about her children "starving" because she complained about the food and wanted a refund, but still didn't want to give the "terrible" food back because "MY KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDS WILL STAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARVE IF THEY DON'T EAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT RIGHT NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 1111!!!!!!!!!!!" If you can afford to eat out at even a moderately-priced restaurant (or even a fast food joint), then no one in your family is in danger of imminent starvation. Too many parents equate their kids complaining about being "hungry" with "OMG MY SPESHUL SNOWFLAKE IS GOING TO STAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRVVVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEE EE!!!!!!!!!!11111!!!!!!!!!1", when -- honestly! -- it's okay to go without food for several hours at a stretch.

Comment

Quoth Monterey Jack View Post
                          *snip*
                          ... when -- honestly! -- it's okay to go without food for several hours at a stretch.
                          Try telling my cat that. Good thing he can't use the phone, that's all I can say.

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                            The Aliterati.
                            Stolen Permanently borrowed.
                            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                              Dealers do have to be careful with those special offers. About 15-20 years ago, a local car dealer had a special: Bring in a pumpkin, and they would weigh it. For every pound you'd get a dollar off a car purchase.

Now, see, in the rural areas here we have a lot of farms that grow pumpkins. Big pumpkins. Really, really big pumpkins. Long story short, some guy went in to the dealer with a HUGE pumpkin weighing a few hundred pounds, and the dealer had to honor the deal because they hadn't put a limit on it.
                              That made me think of this story
                              http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leonard_v._Pepsico,_Inc.. And the Pudding Guy.

Comment

I wonder what would have happened if, instead of an individual, it had been a group effort by members (both flying and non-flying) of a Marine squadron that flew Harriers to round up Pepsi Points and get another plane for the squadron. After all, there wouldn't be a security issue involved if the recipient of a combat aircraft were "Marine Squadron X".
                                Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Working...
                                X