Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well, that settles it, I'm a bad person.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, that settles it, I'm a bad person.

Short one for you guys.

I was out walking around, making my rounds, when this old lady starts walking towards me. I wait, and she starts off with;

OL (Old Lady): Well Mr. X security (She read out my full company name that was emblazoned on my shoulders, not sure why)...

She started talking a lot in the next couple sentences and at first I wasn't quite clear on what she was talking about because it was kind of out of left field, but the below is basically what it consisted of.

OL: A lot of your planters are broken*, well not the ones over here so much but they are dangerous. You should tape off the area because it's not safe.

*Note: The planters along the side of my building are indeed cracked. They have been for years. I'm not sure how it is unsafe, because the plants that would spill out if this actually came to pass couldn't weigh more than 15 lbs.*

Me: Yes, I'm aware of the cracks, and building management is as well. It is up to them to repair them, but trust me, they are fully aware of the situation.

OL: Oh I'm sorry, I thought I was talking to a concerned American. *said snootily as she walks away from me*

Cue me trying hard not to smirk.

Yes, I'm an awful american. She would probably have preferred it if I would have acted like I had no idea those planters were damaged and she caught something nobody else knew, and I immediately set about pretending I could fix the problem. Hell, that is probably what my bosses would have wanted me to do.

Unfortunately, I don't have the patience for that. I can't fix that problem, and I can't "rope off the area"--there is nothing to really rope off. Not that it would help. People ignore signs and warding police tape anyway.
    Last edited by Stone; 10-31-2013, 05:38 PM.

Shame on you! Don't you know the terr'rists 've been cracking flower pots tryin' to drop plants on honest, hardworkin' Americans?! Are you tryin' to let the terr'rists win, boy?!

Comment

Without getting into fratching territory, my answer would have been, "As a matter of fact, I AM a concerned American. It's just that I'm concerned about things that are much more important than a cracked planter or two."
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

But you know, of course, that because you are not concerned about what she's concerned about (e.g. cracked planters), such a response would have impressed her not a whit.

Comment

"I'm more worried about the cracked pots, ma'am."
          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

She was probably expecting you to whip out a trowel and a pail of wet cement mixture, and get to patchin them thangs!
            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Either that or contractor tape.
              I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
              -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Working...
              X