Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guy in a hurry demands exchange for 2 invisible Barbecues at my till.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guy in a hurry demands exchange for 2 invisible Barbecues at my till.

I never believed the people on these forums when they talk about SC's that have the receipt but not the product in courtesy because I never knew they could be that stupid until today. I was working express at my till today and I had some dude in my line say that he wanted to exchange 2 barbecues that he didn't have with him. I told him that we do exchanges at Courtesy and he begs to differ by saying that he done it at the tills before. Just to verify my word I got a CSM and she told him the same thing so he demands to speak to the manager because he said this is ridiculous and that he didn't want to go to Courtesy because he was in a hurry. I didn't see the rest but that CSM told me that when she got the manager and he got all angry at him and left the store.

And now for my rant

The main purpose of the Courtesy desk is for people to do Refunds and exchanges. if they were done at the tills it would look like a friggin mess and people would bitch a lot about waiting in line because people want refunds and exchanges so this courtesy desk concept was set up eons ago so we wouldn't expect people to complain about wanting Refunds or exchanges on till because they would know common sense.

This was even more ridiculous and this happened months ago...

The line-up was busy at courtesy and I was at the end tills where I had no-one on till. This bitch was in a huff wanting to exchange an outfit and I told her I couldn't and you know what she said to me???

I'm in a hurry to catch a plane and I don't have time to wait in Courtesy. All I am doing is getting this outfit and showing you the similar one I don't want. I repeated myself and she left. The next customer in line was saying that it would screw up the inventory if I just gave her the outfit and took the one she paid for.

Stupid Stupid Stupid Stupid

Well our policy is that we can do exchanges at any Wally World across Canada and she goes to the one that's farthest from the airport!

Stupid Stupid
    Providing Excellent customer service and Filtering out nonsense people.

I used to work Courtesy at Wally World, as well as cash, so I know exactly how annoying this is.
    Though I must say, some of the things people try to return or exchange are horrifying.
    I've had:
    used children's underwear
    a used breast pump
    worn pierced earrings
    worn tongue ring
    a jammed paintball gun pointed at my face while the customer tugged on the trigger to prove it was jammed
    parents returning gifts their children recieved for christmas because they, quote, "have enough damn toys." At which point the parents would get a store credit then use said credit on themselves.
    stale cookies that we've never ever sold
    magazines/books (because all of a sudden we're a library)
    condoms
    used blood testing tabs (the things that go in the blood sugar monitors that diabetics often use)
    I could go on for days.

Comment

I'm in a hurry to catch a plane and I don't have time to wait in Courtesy. All I am doing is getting this outfit and showing you the similar one I don't want. I repeated myself and she left. The next customer in line was saying that it would screw up the inventory if I just gave her the outfit and took the one she paid for.
      Then why wait until the last minute to do it? I swear I can't stand people who wait until the last minute! Especially those customers who at the bank would wait until the day they have to leave for the plane to get foreign currency! They then bitch if we don't have it!

Comment

Quoth rerant View Post
        a jammed paintball gun pointed at my face while the customer tugged on the trigger to prove it was jammed

I got this drilled into me SO hard when I was playing a lot.

"It's a weapon! You always treat it as if it's loaded!"
        Lady, people aren't chocolates. D'you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard filling. Dr Cox - Scrubs

Comment

I once got a cap gun for Christmas. The first thing I did with it was point it at my little brother and pull the trigger; on the box it said "Don't use indoors and don't aim at anyone."
          People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
          My DeviantArt.

Comment

Rerant, your list sounds awfully similar to what people would donate to Goodwill.
            Unseen but seeing
            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
            3rd shift needs love, too
            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I feel your pain. Cosidering the courtesy desk, has "exchanges" written under it, you'd think people would know that's where you exchange stuff. Wait, that would mean they could read, sorry. We had a guy similar to BBQ man, he thought it was unreasonable of us to require him to y'know, actually have the item. Outfit lady is a procratinating dimwit.

Comment

Quoth rerant View Post
                I would have hit the panic button on that one, someone pointing a GUN at me? You don't know it's a paintball gun especially since some gun companies try their hardest to make their guns look fake.

And if Wally-World did any retaliation against you, you have one hell fo a lawsuit.

As for the 'I have to be on an airplane in XXX minutes" people, we get them all the time too. Funny how most of the time its less than 30 minutes before they "have to be on the plane" yet the flosest airport is a small executive airport, 45 minutes away, the closest major airport is about an hour away.

We even get the no-item exchange people. I guess people don't understand the purpose behind an EXCHANGE nor what it involves. Oh, I needed the old phone? No one told me (lie). I gave it to my friend for them to use. Uh-huh. Your phone needs to be exchanged because it is broken, so why would you give your friend a broken phone? (Yet some reps are stupid enough to let customers get away with this and get 3-5 exchanges on phone).
                Last edited by draggar; 05-31-2007, 11:38 AM.
                Quote Dalesys:
                ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

I hope they were giving you the unused portion of the condoms. How do they know the condoms don't work? Did they have a baby with them?
                  It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision.
                  -Helen Keller

I got this av from Court Records, made by Croik!

Comment

Wally World?! That used to be a very large water park in my City. They tore it down a few years ago. I've never heard of a Wally World that sold clothes and such.

Anyways, back on topic.
                    SUCH stupid people! Last minute things are useless, because it will never be fast enough wherever you go to "take things back." But, ya... ignorance is the root of all evils..
                    Be like the flower that perfumes the very hand that crushes it.

Comment

Quoth Fawn View Post
                      Wally World?! That used to be a very large water park in my City. They tore it down a few years ago. I've never heard of a Wally World that sold clothes and such.
                      It's a common nickname for Walmart.

^-.-^
                      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I've returned an unoped box of condoms before - my SO bought the wrong kind (early in the relationship so he didn't know).

The grossest thing I've ever had brought in for a return was an Epilady - with hair and blood on it. Actually, more than one - on the day after x-mas no less, so it is possible I was a little hungover on top of working the return desk from heck.

Comment

Working...
                        X