Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My first day without SC's (yeah right!!)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first day without SC's (yeah right!!)

So, I've been transfered into the kitchen in my bar. Great stuff, no more dealing with SC's. The reason I was transfered is because I've been looking at the managers position that is open in our place, but the only chance I have of getting it is if I am trained on both bar and kitchen.

So, today was my first day in the kitchen.

I arrived, and the bar supervisor runs up to me panicking.

Sup: There are only two of us out here! Can you serve on the bar out here for an hour and THEN go and get trained in the kitchen? I don't want customers complaining about the wait.

OK, fair enough, except I had to go onto the bar in a kitchen uniform. The kitchen uniform is a white top, and you're allowed to wear whatever you want on the bottoms, so I was wearing jeans and trainers. Bar uniform is completely black, so its quite a contrast.

What I don't understand, is that it was a huge issue for the customers. I was giving great service, they weren't waiting long, but for some reason, because I wasn't wearing the same uniform as everyone else, they had to complain.

Comments followed:

SC: Who are you? Why are you serving?

SC: Huh? Didn't you wash your uniform last night?

SC: You are a disgrace to the rest of your co-workers!

SC: Do you work here?

SC: So, you felt you were too "special" to wear the real uniform??

Finally, I got into the kitchen, but was that the end of it? No no no.

SC's started coming into the kitchen!

SC: I ordered five meals! Your co-worker only brought out four!
    Ok, so the SC seems to believe that our employees are mutants and can carry an infanate number of plates.

An SC came in with a meal, about nine tenths of it had been eaten.

Me: You cant be in here! Get out!
    SC: This meal is cold!
    Me: You've eaten most of it, and you've suddenly decided its cold?
    SC: I want a hot meal!

I grabbed it off her and shoved it in a microwave for ten seconds.

Me: There you are. Now get out.

Good thing about working in the kitchen is you don't have to be nice to customers.

The kitchen manager says I must have some kind of vodoo curse on my head, because he had never seen so many customers make their way into the kitchen in one night.

I really am beginning to think I have a SC magnet implanted in my head, because the amount I get is NOT normal.

How many sharp utensils do you have on hand? Just out of.. curiosity? ^_^
    "IT stands away, interrupting himself from the incessant hammering of the kittens…"

Comment

Wow, I would have gotten to the point where I would have said something like: you want your drink without waiting too long? Stop harassing me about what I am wearing. I wasn't supposed to be here tonight, I'm here for your benefit so I can just go back to where I am supposed to be.......

Comment

Quoth customersruinmylife View Post
        At this point, I'd start drooling on myself and say "My mommy says I'm special" ...

Comment

I HATE IT when they come into the kitchen.

The uniform thing intrigues me. So many stories here start off with "I was shopping on my day off wearing cut off jeans and a tank top when a customer asked me where they could find the electronics department..." I really didn't think SCs noticed what anyone was wearing.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

Doesn't it surprise you how much customers think they know?

Comment

An SC came in with a meal, about nine tenths of it had been eaten.

Me: You cant be in here! Get out!
              SC: This meal is cold!
              Me: You've eaten most of it, and you've suddenly decided its cold?
              SC: I want a hot meal!

I grabbed it off her and shoved it in a microwave for ten seconds.

Me: There you are. Now get out.
              That was AWESOME!
              Labor boards have info on local laws for free
              HR believes the first person in the door
              Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
              Document everything
              CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

The meal is cold, after eating 9/10ths of it? Maybe she's not eating it fast enough. My coffee always gets cold before I'm done with it, that's why I don't usually drink coffee.
                It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision.
                -Helen Keller

I got this av from Court Records, made by Croik!

Comment

Quoth Boozy View Post

The uniform thing intrigues me. So many stories here start off with "I was shopping on my day off wearing cut off jeans and a tank top when a customer asked me where they could find the electronics department..." I really didn't think SCs noticed what anyone was wearing.
                  So when you are obviously not working and not wearing the uniform they don't care and will still ask for help.

But when you are clearly working and offering your services and are not wearing the uniform, they have a problem with it.

hmmmmm...

No one ever said anything when I ran register in the cafe not wearing a cafe uniform (all black with green apron)...it would never occur to me that someone would actually complain about that. I think I'm going to hide in a cave somewhere...
                  I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                  I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                  It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

*gets on speaker*
                    "Ah-hem... Morons in bar area! Calling for cleanup of Morons Please! Thank You"
                    Be like the flower that perfumes the very hand that crushes it.

Comment

Quoth Fawn View Post
                      *gets on speaker*
                      "Ah-hem... Morons in bar area! Calling for cleanup of Morons Please! Thank You"

That was simply beautiful . . . and also falls under the category of "Things I'm Not Allowed To Do at Work."
                      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Working...
                      X