This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth RentalRacer View Post
    Another way of looking at it is the customer may see you pick something off the floor and eat it, they may think well if they eat off the floor I bet they will serve stuff that falls on the floor to customers.
    I agree with you. If I saw someone pick food off the floor and eat it I would be a bit grossed out but I wouldn't say anything.

I'd hope like crazy that they did not do the same thing to my food.

Comment

"She's worried about the pharmacist touching her pill with the tip of a freshly washed finger, yet she's getting herpes medication. Maybe we should be careful about OTHER things we touch, lady"

Why oh why oh WHY do I never remember Rule #1 until the coffee is already spraying out of my nose????

Comment

Quoth JustAGirl View Post
        I agree with you. If I saw someone pick food off the floor and eat it I would be a bit grossed out but I wouldn't say anything.

I'd hope like crazy that they did not do the same thing to my food.
        OPEN-AIR KITCHEN. We are under the constant vigilant gaze of the customers. We can't do stuff like that.
        You're not doing me a favor by eating here. I'm doing you a favor by feeding you.

Comment

Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
          Kids/people need to build up some resistance to things. My family was always in the "inoculation" camp: get exposed to it early so the body knows what it is.
          That's why we keep getting 'resistant' strains of germs and other nasties. People are so afraid of every little thing that they make the problem worse! 20 years ago, nobody was obsessed with germs and infections. All that was needed to clean a counter was a sponge and some soapy water. Now, you have commercials hinting that you have to do things just short of nuking your kitchen and floor surfaces. People are such wimps these days
          Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth Sofar View Post
            OPEN-AIR KITCHEN. We are under the constant vigilant gaze of the customers. We can't do stuff like that.
            My ex-husband's first job was as a short-order cook at a marina restaurant up on the lake. The restaurant was in a Quonset hut-type building that floated on pontoons*, and perhaps 1/3 of the floor space was given over to the kitchen, which was divided from the dining area by a wall, but still everything that was said in the kitchen could be heard in the dining room, so they had to be pretty careful what they said.

Being on the lake, this place attracted waterbugs and roaches. Their code for spotting roaches was "Fred's here again." For years after that job, my ex called roaches "Freds."

*Amusing note about that. You reached the restaurant by walking across a rope bridge, and the restaurant had iron rings at each corner that went over posts that were buried in the lakebed. So the restaurant could rise or fall according to the lake level. The rings were a later addition, after one spring flood when the restaurant actually floated away.
            He loves the world...except for all the people.
            --Men at Work

Comment

On the germaphobe tangent, I had a co-worker who in addition to being as slow as molasses at every aspect of the job, when we cleaned theatres, she HAD to have a pair of dish gloves. She wouldn't touch anything without those gloves. And she had kids, 2 or 3 if I remember correctly. I weep for their immune systems.
              Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth Noelegy View Post
                Their code for spotting roaches was "Fred's here again." For years after that job, my ex called roaches "Freds."
                Somewhat along those lines...when Mikey, one of my cousins was little, he liked bugs. So much that he would collect the shells that locusts leave behind. 25 years on, we still call them "Mikeys."
                Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
                  20 years ago, nobody was obsessed with germs and infections. All that was needed to clean a counter was a sponge and some soapy water. Now, you have commercials hinting that you have to do things just short of nuking your kitchen and floor surfaces. People are such wimps these days
                  Pfft, yup. When I was growing up they didn't have all these disinfecting wipes and crap. Hell, I sometimes ate my lunch out back in the dirtpile and turned out fine.

*wonders exactly when people started going so crazy about this stuff and what happened to prompt it*
                  "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                  "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

I remember when my mom took me to the dentist when I was a kid that the dentist used to feel around in my mouth with his bare hands. Never thought much about it then and the only thought I had was the strange taste on his hands I guess from using some kind of soap. Anyway I came out unscathed.

Comment

Working...
                    X